WinTask.exe

Hello. My question concerns WinTask.exe. It appears to start when I log on.
I didn't think anything about it until Norton Internet Security recommended
that I block it when it tried to access the internet. I Googled it and found
it is a worm that rewrites my registry. However, there was one site that
said WinTask is a good thing. Please clarify. If it should be emoved, could
you tell me how? Thanks, Carolyn
1 answer Last reply
More about wintask

    Sorry. I thought I was in the Help and Support category. Didn't realize it
    switched back. I have reposted my question there.

    "C Kraft" wrote:

    > Hello. My question concerns WinTask.exe. It appears to start when I log on.
    > I didn't think anything about it until Norton Internet Security recommended
    > that I block it when it tried to access the internet. I Googled it and found
    > it is a worm that rewrites my registry. However, there was one site that
    > said WinTask is a good thing. Please clarify. If it should be emoved, could
    > you tell me how? Thanks, Carolyn

Configuration Customization Windows XP