Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

The best amd am3+ prossessor for my GA-970A-D3 (rev. 1.4 motherboard?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 3, 2012 2:39:19 AM

i bought a GA-970A-D3 (rev. 1.4) motherboard and am not sure about the bulldozers but want to use am3+ to unlock full board. thank you for your time. this is my first build
December 3, 2012 2:40:44 AM

Best and top am3+ processor is the amd fx 8350 eight core processor
December 3, 2012 2:44:48 AM

Go for the FX 6300 and a good aftermarket cooler.
Related resources
December 3, 2012 2:48:18 AM

ok sorry i know what the best one is i guess i mean the best bang for the buck. it will be used mostly for wow but want to not have to upgrade for a while. again thanks for the help. thinking am3+ and ddr3 ram is a good start.
December 3, 2012 2:55:33 AM

milkshakez7z said:
Go for the FX 6300 and a good aftermarket cooler.



does this perform as good as a eight core? or close?
December 3, 2012 3:15:10 AM

dyvyd13 said:
does this perform as good as a eight core? or close?



http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/699?vs=698

Not worth spending more on the 8 core because once you overclock you will catch up in gaming performance plus you get to save cash, but depending on you needs it may be worth getting the 8 core.


FX 6300 = best bang for buck cpu other than the phenom x4 series.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 3, 2012 3:18:11 AM

dyvyd13 said:
does this perform as good as a eight core? or close?


Depends on the app. If it can use all cores, eight core chips are going to be 33% faster. If you are only using 1-6 cores, then they are the same. 6300 is just a 6 core 8320.

Best bang for the buck in my opinion would be the 8320. It's most likely going to overclock to the same as an 8350 would, and even stock they have almost the same turbo boost.
December 3, 2012 3:42:34 AM

Thank you for the help. i will be looking at them tonight to see what i can afford
December 3, 2012 3:45:39 AM

The 6300 is goos but the 8350 has way more headroom to overclock

Best solution

December 3, 2012 4:58:36 AM
Share

hbeduryan818 said:
The 6300 is goos but the 8350 has way more headroom to overclock

Yeah but that is the top of the line amd chip atm? they do OC like a beas tthough haha, I guess it depends on how much the OP want's to spend.
December 4, 2012 4:39:58 AM

Best answer selected by dyvyd13.
December 4, 2012 4:40:03 AM

Okay i have looked around a bit and have read a lot of posts here and a few other places for hours and think a phenom x4 955 3200 should work for wow for a while and my board will support the new am3+ so i can upgrade later to the better processors. thanks again for the help and i am now hooked.
December 4, 2012 11:55:01 PM

dyvyd13 said:
Okay i have looked around a bit and have read a lot of posts here and a few other places for hours and think a phenom x4 955 3200 should work for wow for a while and my board will support the new am3+ so i can upgrade later to the better processors. thanks again for the help and i am now hooked.

Alright sounds good ^_^, good luck with your Purchase.
!