Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need for help! It's urgent!

Last response: in Systems
July 22, 2012 2:21:43 AM

Hello, I need anyone that can help me with my brand new build.
Yesterday, I assembled a new computer and installed Windows 7 on it. The installation went well and everything looked fine. I started to instal some light programs ( like Firefox) by begining slowly with this new system. 2 hours later, I decided that it was time to instal a game and I installed Diablo 3. I was able to play about 30 minutes until a very strange/weird glitch happened. Half of the screen was kinda flickering and grey lines began to apear. I was surprised and I stopped to play. When I reached the desktop, the screen went black and came back and I saw the message saying that my graphical drivers failed and recovered successfully but the screen was always flickering and with random grey lines appering and disapearing. I decided it was time for a reboot. I rebooted and the problem was always here, but even more emplified. 15 minutes later, I got a blue screen, the error message was ***STOP: 0x00000116. Surprised, I turned off the computer and waited for 5 minutes. When I tried to come back to the desktop, the result was either a black screen, a blue screen (not BSOD), or a BSOD. This morning, I decided to do a fresh instalation of Windows 7. The whole thing went well but when I rebooted my computer, the whole screen was covered with blue dots all over the screen! I still couldn't access the OS without crashing/freezing or BSODing. The strange thing is that the computer wasn't affected until windows kicks in. When I was lucky, I could access the desktop for about 1 or 2 minutes before it crashed, but the colors were all weird. Even the safe mode was affected by this! Later, the whole computer was affected by this strange thing like a cancer. The begining text was all disorted, Asus start up image was completly gone, the BIOS was only a group of white points and dark blue rectangles. This whole thing is kinda spreading, it was simply flickering and some random grey lines and it became a real mess. BUT when I removed the graphic card and use the motherboard VGA plug, the computer was working like a charm! So what is this thing that ruined my day? I suspect it's a problem with the graphic card. But what? A bad graphic card? Corrupted drivers? A unicorn stuck in the GPU? I tried with 2 different monitors, and a TV, the same thing keep happening.

So my computer build is :

-Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
-Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB DDR5
-2X Corsair 4GB VENGEANCE DDR3 1866
-Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge
-Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Green
-Corsair TX750 V2 750W
-And LG BR/DVD/CD thing...

And I'm using a LCD monitor. And I almost forgot, those parts are new (I received them 1 week ago), so if something is wrong with them, I can exchange them for working materials, right?

Please, I need your help, I'm out of ideas. :( 

Thank you for reading and sorry for the big text and for the mistakes.

Cookie

More about : urgent

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
July 22, 2012 2:32:09 AM

Not to cut hopes but sounds like your graphics card or other hardware has gone bad... And yes you can RMA or return those parts for new, except the OS.
August 15, 2012 5:24:57 PM

Best answer selected by CookieGotMilky.
a b B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2012 5:47:35 PM

I hope you are able to get your problems fixed... If you still have questions or a problem. Please send me a PM. Thanks!
!