Are you buying a monitor: no

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none

Parts Preferences: none, so long as they're good bang for buck

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Probably in the future

Your Monitor resoloution: 1920x1080

When are you purchasing: Buying in the next month or so
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: current computer has an intel processor that still uses pins! I want a new that can play Battlefield 3 on medium specs at 1080 by 1920

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do not post only links:
CPU
Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor $195.00 Motherboard
MSI Z77A-G43 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard $125.00 Memory
G.Skill Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory Hard Drive
Kingston SSDNow V+200 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $109.00 Video Card
PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card $139.00 - Case
Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Casem $49.00
Power Supply
OCZ 600W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $79.00
20 answers Last reply
More about gaming everything
  1. Get a 6850. Same price as 7770 and beats it easily.
  2. Problem is, here in aus those cost a lot more for some reason, so it doesnt make sense to buy it
  3. OK. Well, the 7770 isn't bad. What games do you play?
  4. Id like to play bf3 multiplayer at medium/high graphics
  5. At Ultra about 30FPS, so on high you'd get 40-50. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eFwCSaGu80&feature=related
  6. A 7770 is a pretty weak video card for a gaming machine, and not the best compliment to an i5, especially for battlefield 3. You might consider saving up a little more for a higher budget. At bare minimum, I would be looking to get a 560 TI or a Radeon 7850 to max out Battlefield 3.
  7. A 6870 can play BF3 on High pretty well, and even does Ultra albeit at reduced FPS.
  8. Ok, so the 7850 isnt a bad card? I will probably crossfire a year from now, will this card gain a decent boost from it? The reason i chose the 7770 is because it crossfires well(so iv'e heard), so i can go a bit cheaper now, and increase later
  9. A 7770 SLI wouldn't be bad, but you'd get about 7850 performance, so best to go 7850.
  10. Hmmm, ill go see how much they cost her.(it could be a crap deal here, so im not sure)
  11. My problem is the fact that my parents wont let me hit the "sweet" spot for bang for buck, so a 250$ 7850 is too much. (should it even cost that much?)
    Also, i wnat the computer to be fairly futureproof, so should i up anything else?
  12. A 560 Ti/6950 for $200 would be great.
  13. Once again, i must say that the 6950 is unavailable here in aus. Also, the 560 ti is $220 and up. The cheapest 560 is around $180
  14. No such thing as future proof, they're all junk in 4-5 years.

Forget the SSD altogether. Get a regular old hard drive 500GB. Would that give you enough room for a better video card?
  15. Ill have a look at reguAr ol' hard drives. I can just get an SSD in a year or to when prices are sensible
  16. Also, aside from previous gen video cards, what would you recomend for my build, because in australia, their seems to be no such thing as a cheap, more powerful old card.
  17. PANZER4 said:
    Ill have a look at reguAr ol' hard drives. I can just get an SSD in a year or to when prices are sensible

My thoughts exactly. It would be good to hold off, there is a price war going on with them, they already have dropped quite a bit and should keep going.

PANZER4 said:
    Also, aside from previous gen video cards, what would you recomend for my build, because in australia, their seems to be no such thing as a cheap, more powerful old card.

GTX 480s I don't know about Australia, but here in the US they're less than half the price they originally were and are still quite powerful even today.

For decent cards that I would consider, 6870 is about as low as I think I would go. GTX 570 are a good option, 560 TI, if you have to an SLI of 2 GTX 460s would even be a good option.. Do you have links of places you're shopping at so I can see whats available?
  18. You aren't kidding, shits expensive in Aus land. And the selection on those 2 sites isn't that great. Are there any other places you can order from? Does Amazon.com service Australia?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems