Skip Login

Until last week my computer was able to skip all of the login stuff and go
stright from boot up to desktop. My brother was using the computer and now
the computer requires me to press "enter" at the login screen. Is there a way
to skip that whole process and go back to the way it was before?
2 answers Last reply
More about skip login

    Go to Start | Run
    type in

    CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

    and click Ok.

    Select the user account from the list (to which account you want to
    automatically logon). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to
    use this computer option, and click Ok. Type the user account password and
    complete the process.

    "Anaroth" wrote:

    > Until last week my computer was able to skip all of the login stuff and go
    > stright from boot up to desktop. My brother was using the computer and now
    > the computer requires me to press "enter" at the login screen. Is there a way
    > to skip that whole process and go back to the way it was before?

    Hi,

    To correct:

    1. Go to Start/Run and type in: control userpasswords2 and press ok.

    2. On the Users tab, left click your user name then clear the Users Must
    Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then click
    OK.

    3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the "user name
    and password" for the account you want to be logged on each time you start
    your computer.

    Added note: (Alex MVP)

    If you want to logon to one of the other users, hold down shift as the
    system boots up.

    Tip:

    Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Anaroth" <Anaroth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Until last week my computer was able to skip all of the login stuff and go
    > stright from boot up to desktop. My brother was using the computer and now
    > the computer requires me to press "enter" at the login screen. Is there a
    > way
    > to skip that whole process and go back to the way it was before?

Configuration Login Computers Windows XP