  • Configuration
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
April 9, 2005 5:37:01 AM

Until last week my computer was able to skip all of the login stuff and go
stright from boot up to desktop. My brother was using the computer and now
the computer requires me to press "enter" at the login screen. Is there a way
to skip that whole process and go back to the way it was before?

More about : skip login

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 7:59:03 AM

Go to Start | Run
type in

CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

and click Ok.

Select the user account from the list (to which account you want to
automatically logon). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to
use this computer option, and click Ok. Type the user account password and
complete the process.

"Anaroth" wrote:

> Until last week my computer was able to skip all of the login stuff and go
> stright from boot up to desktop. My brother was using the computer and now
> the computer requires me to press "enter" at the login screen. Is there a way
> to skip that whole process and go back to the way it was before?
April 10, 2005 6:01:24 AM

Hi,

To correct:

1. Go to Start/Run and type in: control userpasswords2 and press ok.

2. On the Users tab, left click your user name then clear the Users Must
Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then click
OK.

3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the "user name
and password" for the account you want to be logged on each time you start
your computer.

Added note: (Alex MVP)

If you want to logon to one of the other users, hold down shift as the
system boots up.

Tip:

Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP