Fulltower cases under 150$

luminos

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
rebuilding my gaming rig and I'm looking for a new case.. I like the options from Coolermaster.. and someone recommended the THOR V2 from rosewill.. not sure though what to go with..

I'm using..
Intel I7 2700k with a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212
Asus P8z68 Vpro
Corsair vengeance 2x4gig 1866 ram
Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb windforce
120gig crucial M3 SSD system drive
3tb Seagate media drive
850 watt standard sized PSU.. (don't remember what one.. and don't want to go hunting right now)

so far Its a tossup between these cases
Coolermaster HIS 932
Coolermaster Storm Trooper
Rosewill Thor V2

any other Idea's or pro's and con's on these cases would be awesome!

Solution
I love the switch personally.I have a Rasa750 RX240 it's a great case for watercooling but for a build using a aftermarket cpu cooler i don't think it has anything that puts it above other options.Your girlfriend has good taste the trooper is top notch imo.
Rosewill Thor V2

+ Huge internal space/easy to work on
+ Great cable management
+ Sturdy
+ Simple in design
+ Excellent air flow
+ Three 230mm fans and one 140mm fan installed
+ Innovative top vents
+ Two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 front ports
+ eSATA front panel
+ Fan controllers front panel
+ Removable top and front bezels
+ Tons of expansion space for both hard drives and cards
Cons:

- Paint in some motherbaord tray stand off threads
- Card reader mount may not match your hardware
- Front bay tool-less clips don't work
- No way to pick up case, except from the bottom
- Heavy metal construction
- Clumsy front fan LED mount on bezel
- Wobbly fan speed knobs

Coolermaster Storm Trooper

+ Fully painted interior
+ Dozens (yes, dozens) of drive mounts
+ Good cable management
+ Twin steel carry handles
+ Dual radiator support
+ Integrated fan controllers
Cons:

- No USB 3.0->USB 2.0 adapter cable
- Cannot mount hard drives sideways with front-to-back ventilation
- Power light doesn't connect to motherboard header

I would go for one of these if you want a full tower Case:Thermaltake Chaser MK-I (VN300M1W2N) Black SECC ATX Full Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133191#top

Case:NZXT SWITCH 810 Black CA-SW810-B1 Steel / Plastic ATX HYBRID Full Tower Gaming Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146089

Case:COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225#top

luminos

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

Well, as stated I'm rebuilding my rig and am going to incorporate water cooling as well.. I have my 2700k overclocked to 4.8ghz right now but I'm sure I can pull a little more out of her easily, and though I can fit my current build into a mid-tower I do want room for expandability..

luminos

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

I see a lot of people using the Switch 810 and for 19$ out of my price-range I might be able to foot it.. what do you think it has that puts it above other options? also the HAFX is good but a bit too much at the moment, and the chaser looks interesting I'll look into that a bit more..

Also I'm buying myself and my girlfriend a case each.. fully building hers and have spent about 800$ on her rig so far since she was running on an old amd x2 cpu and a tapped together case... she picked the trooper for herself but I'm still undecided.

I love the switch personally.I have a Rasa750 RX240 it's a great case for watercooling but for a build using a aftermarket cpu cooler i don't think it has anything that puts it above other options.Your girlfriend has good taste the trooper is top notch imo.

Solution