Computer Not Showing as DX11

EM3

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hello All,

To start I'd like to just let everyone know I am new here but have read many informative posts to find information prior to me and my friends most recent computer build (My 1st). Also, I am not as computer savvy as most of you on here so understand if I put stuff in a pretty basic manner.

Incase it is neccessary I'll start off by posting the computer specs of the PC I am speaking of.

CPU/GPU: AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz Quad-Core APU /w Integrated AMD Radeon HD 6550D *APU*
Motherboard: Biostar A55MH
RAM: Centon 8GB (2x4GB) 1333MHz DDR3
HDD: WD 500GB SATA
PSU: 450W, came with case. Can get details off case box if needed.

This comp was built as a budget friendly entry level gaming computer for Diablo 3, in which it is running perfectly on all high settings w/o any overclocking.

My question is pretty basic and straightfoward.

When I go my computer's properties and click the Window's Experience Index and then click the View Detailed Performance and System Information link I find something interesting. Under the Graphics section it is listed my DirectX version as DirectX 10. This bothering me slighthly because my APU reads that it is supposed to be DirectX 11.

Does anyone know it is reading DX 10 when I would imagine it should be reading DX 11?

Solution
It could be that whatever test it uses to test your graphics performance was D3D10 based. Either way, if DXdiag says that you have DX11 installed and a D3D11 graphics card, you have both sides covered

EM3

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I installed the link and didn't seem to change anything.

I did run the "dxdiag" and it says at the bottom "DirectX Version: DirectX 11".

Not sure where theres conflicting information in the dxdiag and the windows specifications section.

EM3

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your assistance.

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
if you noticed at benching it didnt benchmark with DX11 only with Direct3D9 and Direct3D10, so i guess thats why it shows Dx10.

get unigine heaven for testing the DX11

EDIT: Pinhedd was faster lol