Sign in with
Your question

Need help with Pc build.

Last response: in Systems
July 22, 2012 4:34:32 AM

Well I built this Pc and I was wondering if anyone had some thought of it and if i could save some money without downgrading it to much. I would like to run (Fall Out-New Vegas)(Diablo III)(DayZ)and(Bf3) on decent settings.

Case-Xion Echo Gaming Case (Height: 16" ~ 21")

Specs:

Processor-AMD FX-6100 CPU (6x 3.30GHz/6MB L2 Cache)

Ram-8GB

Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB (Single)

Motherboard-(ASUS M5A97 -- AMD 970)

Power Supply-700 Watt - Standard

Looking forward to seeing all kinds of opinions. :D 

More about : build

a b À AMD
July 22, 2012 5:16:53 AM

Is this build through CyberpowerPC, IBuyPower, or another boutique builder?
I'm not really caring for "standard" on the PSU seeing as how many "standard"s are sub-standard in reality. I'd rather see a 500W+ Corsair, XFX, FSP, Antec or Seasonic there (if it were my build).
I'd get a different PSU, and I don't know about the generic ram so I won't comment there, the rest looks okay.
What about OS? Optical drive? HDD or SSD?
m
l
July 22, 2012 5:24:33 AM

C12Friedman said:
Is this build through CyberpowerPC, IBuyPower, or another boutique builder?
I'm not really caring for "standard" on the PSU seeing as how many "standard"s are sub-standard in reality. I'd rather see a 500W+ Corsair, XFX, FSP, Antec or Seasonic there (if it were my build).
I'd get a different PSU, and I don't know about the generic ram so I won't comment there, the rest looks okay.
What about OS? Optical drive? HDD or SSD?

This was built a IBuyPower.

Optical Drive-(24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive)

Os-Dont know what that is XD.

HDD-(1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s)

SSD-Dont know what that is either XD.
m
l
Related resources
July 22, 2012 5:48:51 AM

WePwnWaffles said:
This was built a IBuyPower.

Optical Drive-(24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive)

Os-Dont know what that is XD.

HDD-(1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s)

SSD-Dont know what that is either XD.

OS: Operating System...basically it's the interface that allows you to interact with your computer. (example>Windows 7)
SSD: Solid State Drive...it's pretty much a storage drive without moving parts...unlike the HDD. It's also faster than the conventional HDD.

You could downgrade the CPU a bit more. It would actually be an upgrade in terms of gaming. Go with either the FX 4170 or the phenom II 965 black edition.

AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

The above quad core CPUs actually perform better in games than the 6 core fx processor.

Then, if your budget allow, upgrade that hd 7850 to a 7870.
GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870

If you can't do that, the hd 7850 should run those games just fine. You probably won't be able to run BF3 at ultra settings, but you'll get decent frames on high settings. Those other games aren't that demanding....except for maybe DayZ.
m
l
a b À AMD
July 22, 2012 6:39:42 AM

Gonna clarify for DeusAres (I hope) the newegg links are used for their descriptive value - make those choices at Ibuypower and see what you come up with (I think they have a little "expected performance scale" there for various games).
I just checked and it seems you are limited in CPU choices so I'm going to take you to a simular site with a few more options; CyberpowerPC
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/amd_pc/
but be forewarned, you may get overwhelmed by choices there
m
l
July 22, 2012 7:48:32 AM

C12Friedman said:
Gonna clarify for DeusAres (I hope) the newegg links are used for their descriptive value - make those choices at Ibuypower and see what you come up with (I think they have a little "expected performance scale" there for various games).
I just checked and it seems you are limited in CPU choices so I'm going to take you to a simular site with a few more options; CyberpowerPC

hmm do you have skype? If so pm your name so you can help me with building it im still new to this so ya....xD
m
l
a b À AMD
July 22, 2012 7:54:54 AM

I do not have skype on this PC (the only one handy at the moment). But give me a budget and I will see what I can throw together for you at CyberpowerPC
m
l
July 22, 2012 8:38:54 AM

C12Friedman said:
I do not have skype on this PC (the only one handy at the moment). But give me a budget and I will see what I can throw together for you at CyberpowerPC

I got a budget at $1,000-1,010.
m
l
a b À AMD
July 22, 2012 9:17:12 AM

lol, I keep coming up around $1125 - I even tried an Intel build and came up about the same... I'll get it - gonna sleep on it.
m
l
July 22, 2012 3:57:41 PM

C12Friedman said:
lol, I keep coming up around $1125 - I even tried an Intel build and came up about the same... I'll get it - gonna sleep on it.

Well if that is the best you can get it that is about around it so i'm good send me whatever you think is the best with a good price.
m
l
July 22, 2012 5:27:52 PM

C12Friedman said:

Yup, newegg link was just to be used as an example. Although, it would be a much better idea to build his own. It's truly not that hard. There's tons of tutorials all over youtube.
m
l
July 22, 2012 5:50:27 PM

DeusAres said:
Yup, newegg link was just to be used as an example. Although, it would be a much better idea to build his own. It's truly not that hard. There's tons of tutorials all over youtube.

pretty sure i can figure it out just don't want to take a chance on messing up lots of money. xD
m
l
a b À AMD
July 22, 2012 8:47:20 PM

Starting with the "back to School 2012" model only the following changes were made from the base model;

CPU: AMD FX-4170 4.20 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [+40]

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+359] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Power Supply Upgrade: 500 Watts - Corsair CX500 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply [+24]

Those were the only changes - currently at $998 - I knew I could get it - even gives you a little to change cases if you choose.
m
l
July 22, 2012 9:14:33 PM

C12Friedman said:
Starting with the "back to School 2012" model only the following changes were made from the base model;

CPU: AMD FX-4170 4.20 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [+40]

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+359] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Power Supply Upgrade: 500 Watts - Corsair CX500 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply [+24]

Those were the only changes - currently at $998 - I knew I could get it - even gives you a little to change cases if you choose.

tysm man can't tell you how happy I am maybe when i get my new pc we could game idk if you want to or not but we will see and again ty!
m
l
a b À AMD
July 23, 2012 6:27:09 AM

Appreciate the offer, but my gaming anymore consists of RC simulators and Flight simulators off line. But do enjoy and holler out if you have any issues.
If you dole out a Best Answer for this thread, I'll suggest it goes to DeusAres since he came up with the actual parts for a good gaming setup here - my participation was minimal.
m
l
July 23, 2012 7:29:15 AM

C12Friedman said:
Appreciate the offer, but my gaming anymore consists of RC simulators and Flight simulators off line. But do enjoy and holler out if you have any issues.
If you dole out a Best Answer for this thread, I'll suggest it goes to DeusAres since he came up with the actual parts for a good gaming setup here - my participation was minimal.

These badges and best answer "awards" are meaningless. In all honesty, I couldn't care less. I'm simply here to help and learn as I go. I'm merely biding my time until I can acquire the cash to build my own computer. :) 
m
l
July 23, 2012 6:50:42 PM

Well to all thank you! :D 
m
l
July 23, 2012 6:55:11 PM

Yeah, ranks should be based on knowledge, not number of posts.
m
l
!