To die naked

I was thinking about the 10% durability loss on equiped armour when you die
and how much it can cost if you die a bunch of times at high levels. Then
thought why couldn't someone make a mod that once you got down to about 5%
health that it automatically unequipped all armour. Being able to turn this
on and off since not all the time you would want to die naked. For
instances you may want to raise the health threshold to 10% since you die
quicker and need to give the mod time to unequip. Also if your health went
past say 20% (from healing or something) then it automatically equips all
armour again, since now it looks like your not going to die after all.

You wouldn't need to die totally naked, the shirt and tabard have no
durabilty so you could keep those on. I'm not sure if theres any leggings
that have no durability??

Maybe this would be more embarrising on a PvP server! (when your die with
PvP on you do lose 10% durability don't you? On bloodgulch I died alot of
times, but didnt have a high repair bill afterwards so that was ok)
11 answers Last reply
More about naked

    "Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

    > I was thinking about the 10% durability loss on equiped armour when you die
    > and how much it can cost if you die a bunch of times at high levels. Then
    > thought why couldn't someone make a mod that once you got down to about 5%
    > health that it automatically unequipped all armour. Being able to turn this
    > on and off since not all the time you would want to die naked. For
    > instances you may want to raise the health threshold to 10% since you die
    > quicker and need to give the mod time to unequip. Also if your health went
    > past say 20% (from healing or something) then it automatically equips all
    > armour again, since now it looks like your not going to die after all.
    >
    > You wouldn't need to die totally naked, the shirt and tabard have no
    > durabilty so you could keep those on. I'm not sure if theres any leggings
    > that have no durability??

    The only equipment you can switch in battle weapons and offhand items.
    I'm nearly certain you can't unequip it. If you could, you'll not be
    able to equip it again until you're dead or the fight is over.

    > Maybe this would be more embarrising on a PvP server! (when your die with
    > PvP on you do lose 10% durability don't you? On bloodgulch I died alot of
    > times, but didnt have a high repair bill afterwards so that was ok)

    PvP deaths have no impact on durability.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (50) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

    > The only equipment you can switch in battle weapons and offhand items.
    > I'm nearly certain you can't unequip it. If you could, you'll not be
    > able to equip it again until you're dead or the fight is over.

    Your right about the armour, but I just unequipped my weapon and equiped it
    during a battle.
    I guess because of that spell a rogue mob uses that makes you unequip your
    weapon during battle for a few seconds.

    > PvP deaths have no impact on durability.

    "Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

    >> The only equipment you can switch in battle weapons and offhand items.
    >> I'm nearly certain you can't unequip it. If you could, you'll not be
    >> able to equip it again until you're dead or the fight is over.
    >
    > Your right about the armour, but I just unequipped my weapon and equiped it
    > during a battle.
    > I guess because of that spell a rogue mob uses that makes you unequip your
    > weapon during battle for a few seconds.

    Reading my post again, I see it's quite confusing :-)
    I wanted to say: Weapons can be swapped, armor can't.

    Chris

    --

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:24:52 +0100, Fugwump wrote:

    > hy couldn't someone make a mod that once you got down to about 5%
    > health that it automatically unequipped all armour.

    Pfft. Play with a good priest, and you'll learn how exciting it is to get a
    crit heal right when you have 1% health left. *g*

    M.
    --
    ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
    http://www.clamwin.com/

    So THAT'S why I keep ending up with a damaged fishing pole! I never
    realized a spirit rez hit *everything* in inventory. It all makes so
    much more sense now... :)

    "Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    > I was thinking about the 10% durability loss on equiped armour when you
    die
    > and how much it can cost if you die a bunch of times at high levels. Then
    > thought why couldn't someone make a mod that once you got down to about 5%
    > health that it automatically unequipped all armour. Being able to turn
    this
    > on and off since not all the time you would want to die naked. For
    > instances you may want to raise the health threshold to 10% since you die
    > quicker and need to give the mod time to unequip. Also if your health
    went
    > past say 20% (from healing or something) then it automatically equips all
    > armour again, since now it looks like your not going to die after all.
    >
    > You wouldn't need to die totally naked, the shirt and tabard have no
    > durabilty so you could keep those on. I'm not sure if theres any leggings
    > that have no durability??
    >
    > Maybe this would be more embarrising on a PvP server! (when your die with
    > PvP on you do lose 10% durability don't you? On bloodgulch I died alot of
    > times, but didnt have a high repair bill afterwards so that was ok)

    Your attempt will be useless. The 10% durability to EQUIPED items in the
    dialogue is FALSE. It damages EVERY item in your inventory.
    I found this out the hard way when A) I tried to fish with a broken fishing
    pole, and B) I tried to auction items I had picked up before I died...'you
    need to repair the item before you auction it' ARGH....

    Andrew E. Wiggin wrote:
    > Your attempt will be useless. The 10% durability to EQUIPED items in the
    > dialogue is FALSE. It damages EVERY item in your inventory.
    > I found this out the hard way when A) I tried to fish with a broken fishing
    > pole, and B) I tried to auction items I had picked up before I died...'you
    > need to repair the item before you auction it' ARGH....

    You are incorrect.

    If you resurrect at the Spirit Healer, the 25% durability loss affects
    every item in your inventory, but a normal 10% loss death does NOT. Your
    broken fishing pole experience must have followed some Spirit Healer
    rezzes. Trust me, or, alternatively, go test it out.

    See http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/death.html for more basic
    info on WoW's death system.

    Cheers!
    David...

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:24:52 +0100, "Fugwump"
    <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

    >I was thinking about the 10% durability loss on equiped armour when you die
    >and how much it can cost if you die a bunch of times at high levels. Then
    >thought why couldn't someone make a mod that once you got down to about 5%
    >health that it automatically unequipped all armour. Being able to turn this
    >on and off since not all the time you would want to die naked. For
    >instances you may want to raise the health threshold to 10% since you die
    >quicker and need to give the mod time to unequip. Also if your health went
    >past say 20% (from healing or something) then it automatically equips all
    >armour again, since now it looks like your not going to die after all.
    >
    >You wouldn't need to die totally naked, the shirt and tabard have no
    >durabilty so you could keep those on. I'm not sure if theres any leggings
    >that have no durability??
    >
    >Maybe this would be more embarrising on a PvP server! (when your die with
    >PvP on you do lose 10% durability don't you? On bloodgulch I died alot of
    >times, but didnt have a high repair bill afterwards so that was ok)

    Lol, this reminds me of playing EQ2, where I could often be seen
    fleeing from mobs whilst frantically trying to get naked to avoid the
    equipment condition hit. Oh the joy if one managed to do the complete
    strip before one got finally thwacked.

    BB.

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:24:52 +0100, "Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com>
    scribed into the ether:

    >I was thinking about the 10% durability loss on equiped armour when you die
    >and how much it can cost if you die a bunch of times at high levels.

    It's really not that bad. Repairing from full red at level 60 is like 4 or
    5 gold for me. I make faaaaaar more than that in a trivial amount of time.

    > Then
    >thought why couldn't someone make a mod that once you got down to about 5%
    >health that it automatically unequipped all armour. Being able to turn this
    >on and off since not all the time you would want to die naked.

    Well, you can't unequip a lot of stuff while in combat, but also deaths
    tend to be pretty sudden affairs. You don't usually wind down and keel
    over, it is more like full health (or hovering around 3/4s health with
    healing) ---> WHAM, dead. Less so for tanks, but still the general pattern.

    >Maybe this would be more embarrising on a PvP server! (when your die with
    >PvP on you do lose 10% durability don't you? On bloodgulch I died alot of
    >times, but didnt have a high repair bill afterwards so that was ok)

    PvP deaths = no durability loss.

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:11:12 GMT, "Andrew E. Wiggin" <noone@home.com>
    scribed into the ether:

    >"Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I was thinking about the 10% durability loss on equiped armour when you
    >die
    >> and how much it can cost if you die a bunch of times at high levels. Then
    >> thought why couldn't someone make a mod that once you got down to about 5%
    >> health that it automatically unequipped all armour. Being able to turn
    >this
    >> on and off since not all the time you would want to die naked. For
    >> instances you may want to raise the health threshold to 10% since you die
    >> quicker and need to give the mod time to unequip. Also if your health
    >went
    >> past say 20% (from healing or something) then it automatically equips all
    >> armour again, since now it looks like your not going to die after all.
    >>
    >> You wouldn't need to die totally naked, the shirt and tabard have no
    >> durabilty so you could keep those on. I'm not sure if theres any leggings
    >> that have no durability??
    >>
    >> Maybe this would be more embarrising on a PvP server! (when your die with
    >> PvP on you do lose 10% durability don't you? On bloodgulch I died alot of
    >> times, but didnt have a high repair bill afterwards so that was ok)
    >>

    >Your attempt will be useless. The 10% durability to EQUIPED items in the
    >dialogue is FALSE. It damages EVERY item in your inventory.
    >I found this out the hard way when A) I tried to fish with a broken fishing
    >pole, and B) I tried to auction items I had picked up before I died...'you
    >need to repair the item before you auction it' ARGH....

    False. The durability hit to inventory items only applies if you use the
    spirit healer.

    Matt Frisch ytrede sig i <vv0cb1ti7fsp7amrbkshiavjammernsnmc@4ax.com>
    med dette:

    >PvP deaths = no durability loss.

    When I learned this I stopped worrying about ganking, and stopped using
    the SH if I had been killed in PvP.

    I sometimes starts attacking them as soon as I resurects, because it's
    giving them lower CP, and when I've been killed 4 times they won't get
    any points from killing me the next 24 hours :-)

    I've experienced a lotta corps campers get tired of the game, when I
    just keep comming back and attacking them, and I suspect that most of
    them are corpse camping because they know how annoying it can be when
    all you wanna do is questing.

    When I gank or corpse camp, it's only to help out low lvl friends to do
    their questing, and I must admit that my views on both corpse camping
    and ganking has changed - I once said I'd never do that, and despiced
    players that did, but now I'm doing it to help low level friends.

    That said, I helped a friend the other day in Stonetalone Mountains, and
    started to chase a level 28 druid, but stopped my attack after 2 hits,
    because she did /wave - /kneel. A level 44 mage wasn't so lucky, she got
    away from me 3 times (fled as soon as I attacked), but kept comming back
    killing harpies in the Scared Vale, so I thought it was funny chasing
    him, but I did leave it with 1 kill.

    I don't think I've become all bad, and if Blizzard hadn't introduced the
    Honour ranks, I wouldn't have bothered chasing that mage :-)

    Snoogrumf - Level 44 Shaman (was level 42 at that time) - EU Bloodscalp
    --
    Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
    "When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he

Health Video Games