Selling Photos Online

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 19, 2005 5:22:25 AM

Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I can
post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to find a
simple to use and easy to understand site where people who attended the
event can either download jpg files directly from the site, or order prints
from a lab connected to the site.
If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help me
get my own web-site built.
Thanks, Mike

More about : selling photos online

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 5:22:26 AM

Mike Jenkins wrote:
> Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where
> can post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to
> find a simple to use and easy to understand site where people who
> attended the event can either download jpg files directly from the
> site, or order prints from a lab connected to the site.
> If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to
> help
> me get my own web-site built.
> Thanks, Mike

I see that fototime.com has recently added a feature that lets you set
the price for your photos and reap the profits, which is in addition
(I haven't confirmed or tried it) to the previous permissive
availability of prints at reasonable prices.

You could go here to pretend you wanted to buy a print or t-shirt, to
see the prices. They come on Fuji paper, which may indicate the
process to someone who knows that kind of thing, and very quickly.
More 1022 Canon examples:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/94174D394A02C15

I just had a 24x18 "poster print of this one made from a 5960x1030
original, cost $20.79 including $5.00 delivery:
http://www.fototime.com/5D178E7302D3730/orig.jpg

Fototime has a 30-day free trial, charges $2.49 or so a month, payable
yearly in advance for 500MB storage of stills and videos, five GB
bandwidth per month. Seems relatively simple to me.

--
Frank ess
Anonymous

>I just had a 24x18 "poster print of this one made from a 5960x1030
original....

I'll bet that one looked funny as Hell. Lots of tall skinny people.
August 19, 2005 7:42:42 AM

have a look at dotphoto.com

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter
"Mike Jenkins" <mcjenk@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I can
> post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to find a
> simple to use and easy to understand site where people who attended the
> event can either download jpg files directly from the site, or order
> prints from a lab connected to the site.
> If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help me
> get my own web-site built.
> Thanks, Mike

August 19, 2005 2:56:56 PM

Mike Jenkins wrote:
> Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I
> can post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to
> find a simple to use and easy to understand site where people who
> attended the event can either download jpg files directly from the
> site, or order prints from a lab connected to the site.
> If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help
> me get my own web-site built.
> Thanks, Mike

www.fotolibra.com is gaining popularity. You can upload pictures (I think
you get 8 free uploads). Not sure what the full membership costs. They
will also send out emails requesting certain picture themes once a week or
so. Unfortunately, in most cases they require quite large pictures in
excess of 10mb each. So unless you have a high megapixel camera or
interpolation software to increase the size, you may not make any money out
of them. Worth signing up for the free membership though and uploading a
few pictures.
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 5:53:53 PM

In article <3mlongF179ju6U1@individual.net>,
"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote:

> Mike Jenkins wrote:
> > Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I
> > can post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to
> > find a simple to use and easy to understand site where people who
> > attended the event can either download jpg files directly from the
> > site, or order prints from a lab connected to the site.
> > If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help
> > me get my own web-site built.
> > Thanks, Mike
>
> www.fotolibra.com is gaining popularity. You can upload pictures (I think
> you get 8 free uploads). Not sure what the full membership costs. They
> will also send out emails requesting certain picture themes once a week or
> so. Unfortunately, in most cases they require quite large pictures in
> excess of 10mb each. So unless you have a high megapixel camera or
> interpolation software to increase the size, you may not make any money out
> of them. Worth signing up for the free membership though and uploading a
> few pictures.

Read the rights the may have to your images VERY carefully. Go as far as
sending them an email requesting the in email form (it is a binding
document).
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:28:46 PM

Photobox has a facility like this and I can personally vouch for the quality
of their products.

www.photobox.co.uk (i think...might be .com)

"Mike Jenkins" <mcjenk@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I can
> post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to find a
> simple to use and easy to understand site where people who attended the
> event can either download jpg files directly from the site, or order
> prints from a lab connected to the site.
> If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help me
> get my own web-site built.
> Thanks, Mike

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:55:48 PM

In article <lvaNe.9034$RS.2500@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Mike
Jenkins says...
> Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I can
> post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to find a
> simple to use and easy to understand site where people who attended the
> event can either download jpg files directly from the site, or order prints
> from a lab connected to the site.
> If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help me
> get my own web-site built.

There are lots of places in the web, but in many of them you get 10 or
20 cents per sale (download).
--

Alfred Molon