Honorable
May 3, 2012
I have this pc
intel core 2 duo e7500 @ 2.93ghz
ram - 4gb ddr3
mobo - asus p5g41T
gpu - sapphire radeon hd 6670 1gb ddr5
psu- 400w psar j3 cooler master .

I'm getting only 60 fps in call of duty 4 modern warfare is this a good fps for my pc and card , or should i get more fps and what can i do to make it 100 , please help me .

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
And what might i ask you is your monitors refresh rate? Since you might have enabled VSync which would cause the game to be capped at 60fps. I could max out COD 4 on a 8800gt with over 100fps. COD 4 is a low end graphical game by todays standards, AKA Crysis 2, Metro 2032, Battlefield 3, ETC...

anurag punk

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I have a samsung lcd 20 inch monitor with 60 hz refresh rate and i'm playing the game on 1024x768 resolution , now what can i do to increase the fps on my pc please suggest me some tips to increase the fps , because its alow end game and it should give atleast 80fps .

Make sure V-sync is turned off.

V-sync basically limits your frame rate to that of your monitors refresh rate, its perfectly safe to disable it... Its not a safety feature.

CoD4 may have an option in the graphics settings to disable v-sync, if not you can force it off in the catalyst control centre.

anurag punk

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Ok thanks but is my pc really that bad because i have upgraded some parts tomorrow like asus p5kpl am to my new mobo , 2gb ddr2 ram to 4gb ddr3 , a new saphhire radeon hd 6670 and upgraded i ball 250w to cm 400w now i know core 2 duo is old but not that old like p3 or p4 .

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Yes your PC is really that bad, its about 6-7 generations old now. A new computer would be about 10x the speed of that. Your CPU and mobo are your biggest bottlenecks which would cost the most to replace. The biggest thing you have to ask yourself is if you are going to be playing newer games made past 2008 or not. If your content with playing older games then by all means keep your CPU but that CPU is very slow compared to what is needed to run games at maxed settings today.

anurag punk

Honorable
May 3, 2012
And if i upgrade my procesoor from c2duo to quad core like core2quad 6600 will it be good because i recently upgraded my mobo and i think it supports quad core so please help me out .

no I would not spend a dime on your current platform, bad investment...

if you are really too cheap to upgrade then buy a better gpu, your chip should run a 5770 (6770) or something of the likelihood with no problems, just don't expect game changing nonperformance over what u currently have...

I used to run a backup rig w a 5770 and a 240 regor oced to about 3.5 and it did fine, your just not going to be maxing games

honestly if you want better performance start saving for a new build....

sorry to sound negative but these are the facts, you get what you pay for, I was too in your boat in terms of performance about 4 years ago but since have started a career and can now afford what I want.

its worth it to save your paychecks until you can buy something decent,. imo

in the meantime a little bit better of a gpu liek a 5770 (6770) may tied you over, heck maybe even a 6850 off ebay...

you can always cary it over to a new build (heck maybe even x fire it)

anurag punk

Honorable
May 3, 2012
That's the problem man , my parents have recently given me 250 $ and i have purchased a new graphic card upgrading intel chipset and then upgrading mobo and then psu so , i dont have any money left and its india therefore everything is very costly here and i dont have a single penny to upgrade but i will built my own pc when i will do a job and earn money and that will happen only after 4 years so till 4 years can my pc play all the games at low settings and every thing at low
sorry for writing so much but i was just sharing my feelings with you .

anurag punk

Honorable
May 3, 2012
That's the problem man , my parents have recently given me 250 $ and i have purchased a new graphic card upgrading intel chipset and then upgrading mobo and then psu so , i dont have any money left and its india therefore everything is very costly here and i dont have a single penny to upgrade but i will built my own pc when i will do a job and earn money and that will happen only after 4 years so till 4 years can my pc play all the games at low settings and every thing at low
sorry for writing so much but i was just sharing my feelings with you .

sorry dude well since you're too young to work apparently, then your best bet is to hunt for a better gpu on ebay.... other than that you get what you pay for

I have no clue what you machine will be able to do in 4 years, being that it cant do much now, liekly much less in 4 years, buy a console if you want that kind of longevity out of your hardware

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
It would have been a good upgrade 4 years ago but not anymore. You would still be significantly bottlenecked by the processor especially for the 200-400$ you would be paying for a hard to find if not impossible 775 socket processor.