New build shuts down after a split second after start up

shallfrisch

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
read a ton of threads but never came across anything definitive. i built a comp and went to start it up and it started up for a split second the shut down. I tried multiple tests. psu is confirmed good with the manual test and the on board speakers are not beeping at all have checked to make sure it was plugged in right multiple times.

i have it down to the mb psu and internal speaker using the power switch from the case. nothing

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card
Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 500W ATX12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer
Other: Rosewill RCR-IC001 / 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
Since it is a new build, check the back of the motherboard to make sure you used standoffs which clears the mobo from the metal back of the case. That obviousness aside, start by pulling one component at a time until the problem goes away. Start with the GPU (use onboard), then hard drives, then optical drives, then any other add on cards, then finally any other extras (card reader), and see which component (if any) that is causing this.

Its a seasonic 500w unit, and PC&C is a very nice company. His system probably only uses 300w at max load.

I am using a 6870 on my 500w Antec EA 500D.

As someone else stated, take away components one at a time and see where that gets you.