Need help on prebuilt gaming desktop

justanotherguy93

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Hi community,

I'm new here and I would like to post an honest thread. I'll be honest and say that I don't have much experience with computer and I don't know about specifications and stuffs. Hence, I'm going to purchase prebuilt rather than customizing my own build and get my own desktop.

I have come across several desktop prebuilt by each company which my eyes set on.

1. HP Pavilion HPE h9-1195d Phoenix Desktop PC (H1M97AA) - SGD$1,850

Operating system
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (3.4 GHz 8 MB cache )
Chipset
Intel Z75 (Panther Point) PCH
Memory

Memory
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3(2 x 4 GB)
Memory slots
4 DIMM
Storage

Internal drive
2 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
Optical drive
HP SuperMulti DVD Drive
Display and graphics

Graphics
Radeon HD 7770 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
Expansion Features

2. Predator G5 Aspire G5910 (i26MR1615T) - SGD$2,399

Operating System Windows® 7 Home Premium
Processor & Chipset
Processor Manufacturer Intel®
Processor Type Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Processor Model i7 - 2600
Processor Speed 3.3Ghz

Memory
Standard Memory 16 GB
Maximum Memory 16 GB
Memory Technology DDR3 1333 MHz
Memory Standard DDR3

Storage
Number of Hard Drives 4
Total Hard Drive Capacity up to 2 TB each
Hard Drive Interface SATA
Number of Optical Drives 1
Optical Drive Type SuperMulti burner

Display & Graphics
Graphics Controller Manufacturer NVIDIA®
Graphics Controller Model Nvidia GT545 3GB

3. Alienware x51 - $1,899

Processor 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Processor (3.4GHz, 8MB Cache, with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel 1600 MHz DDR3
VIDEO CARD 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 555
HARD DRIVE 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing

Can anyone make any suggestion on which desktop I should take which will last me for a while before I change another one? This system will be mainly used for gaming purposes. Looking forward to playing guildwars 2, blade and soul and other high end games which requires intense gaming system.

Thanks.

P.S: I live in Singapore (GMT+8) and I am open to other suggestion as well such as prebuilt from newegg(?) Just make sure that it delivers to Singapore and its a trusted site. Thanks again community.

edtheguy

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2012
If you do go prebuilt price some I5 machines. If you are only doing gaming and regular use the i7 is overkill, you are just paying for hyperthreading that you won't use.
Any prebuilt machine will come with some quality components and some not so much quality in it, which is why many of the experts here will recommend building it yourself.
I started my search (here in US) in stores, then online and finally succumbed to the peer pressure here and built it myself, and couldn't be happier with the results, but it isn't for everyone.

Whichever way you go you are doing the right thing asking for input, it will only improve your final decision.