Solved

Gaming PC - First Build $1000

Hey everyone,

First I wanted to thank this community, you are all so helpful and knowledgeable about PC's, and are willing to help everyone trying to get into it.

So here is my final build, will be purchasing tomorrow. Looking for any last minute thoughts and perhaps a critique on my choices.

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

MOBO - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

GPU - EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604

PSU - SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095

Memory - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144

Case - Antec Gaming Series one illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129182

HDD - Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840
(Decided not to go with SSD, as I don't think it's necessary as of right now)

CD/DVD Burner - SAMSUNG Internal DVD Writer
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151255

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

Subtotal - $1,007.91
Shipping - $85.15 (UGH!!!)

Total - $1,093.06

Anyone try the free 2 day shipping thing with shoprunner promotion that newegg.com is doing? Going to try that out, hopefully it applies to me (I live in Hawaii)

This build will be strictly for gaming, live streaming, video editing, and music recording. Any thoughts please?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming build 1000
  1. pretty good system..

    if overclock will need a cooler coolermaster 212 evo for about 40 bux is best cheap one out there

    if u want a gtx card dont buy it yet, the one you have chosen is pcie2 and next month they are rumoured to be bringing out cheaper 600 series (pcie 3 like your motherboard and cpu)

    infact i just bought a system with an ssd an no gpu so i can buy one when they come out lol
  2. ok so you have the 560ti on the list i suggest the 7850 its more powerful and only $15 more here is a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125419 and its able to overclock more than the 560Ti and less power consumption than it to
  3. and as for the case this is a better case(opinion)for less money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119256
  4. skaggy said:
    pretty good system..

    if overclock will need a cooler coolermaster 212 evo for about 40 bux is best cheap one out there

    if u want a gtx card dont buy it yet, the one you have chosen is pcie2 and next month they are rumoured to be bringing out cheaper 600 series (pcie 3 like your motherboard and cpu)

    infact i just bought a system with an ssd an no gpu so i can buy one when they come out lol



    I don't plan on overclocking for a while, not until it feels like my computer will need it. I think my setup will be fine when I do start overclocking though, and I definitely will get that aftermarket cooler
  5. devilofdeaths said:
    ok so you have the 560ti on the list i suggest the 7850 its more powerful and only $15 more here is a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125419 and its able to overclock more than the 560Ti and less power consumption than it to


    Is the gigabyte HD 7850 better than the Sapphire HD 7850?
  6. devilofdeaths said:
    and as for the case this is a better case(opinion)for less money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119256



    I like the case I picked out because it comes with so many fans. The case you have listed only comes with one. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)
  7. Best answer
    Mixolydian said:
    Is the gigabyte HD 7850 better than the Sapphire HD 7850?

    actually no the sapphire 7850 has a core clock of 860 while the gigabyte 7850 has one of 860 standard but you can overclock to 975 without voiding warranty and gigabyte has a better return service in my opinion and on the subject of the case its ok all of this is your opinion
    EDIT:i mean yes the gigabyte is a better offer and is better than the sapphire 7850
  8. Best answer selected by Mixolydian.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product