Problem hooking up new computer via HDMI

krayziecmb

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi all, I am having a problem getting my Samsung LED monitor to display HDMI output properly. When I switch over to HDMI output all I get is my background image with no icons, windows toolbar, etc. This is my first custom rig and I have no idea what to do. Here are my specs.

I7 960 @ 3.2g
Radeon 6970 2gig
Sabertooth x58 Mobo
8 gig ram
Samsung SA550 LED monitor
120gig SSD
1tb HDD

Let me know if anymore specs are needed. I have tried configuring through Catalyst and Windows Preferences but have had no luck yet.

Any Help would be appreciated

Edit: Should also add that this happens when I switch my monitor from analog to hdmi.

krayziecmb

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I am 1 step closer to solving my issue here. Never dealt with more than one screen before. I have it setup on HDMI now but even at my highest resolution my screen is in a box (if you know what I mean, black bars on all sides). Any ideas on how to fix this? Seems to be nothing under windows display settings or my monitor settings.

tonync_01

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

For the problem with the black border around the screen you need to increase the overscan in the AMD catalyst control center under scaling options.

Flareside

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Also check what the native resolution of hte screen is and make sure your display is set to that. You may need to install the driver for the monitor for it to show in the display settings.

Flare