AMD FX 8350 Stock Cooler

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Im planning to purchase FX 8350 tomorrow and I want to know if the stock cooler is enough to cool down the cpu if im not going to overclock it. I just want it to run on stock speed.

Thanks!

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012

Thanks sonophos, but I still dont have the budget to buy an aftermarket cooler ^_^ maybe in the next two months.

c3llz

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
No it is not enough to keep it cool, If was the older CPU not the FX range it would be fine, If you intend to be playing games your CPU will crash your system from over heating and shut down(power off) causing problems for window's and your computer,
Get your self a better cooler that is not the stock that comes with the CPU, The kind's of damage you could do are smoking your CPU, the chip set,Killing your system altogether, I would get the below cooler,

A aftermarket cooler can cost up to $150 for the best in water cooling but you won't need to spend more than $25

Try the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO this is cheap and works good,

When my cooler was not working and only running my CPU on stock speed's it was shutting down my system every time I wanted to play a game, No matter if it was a low GFX game or a high end, If it's something like COD or BF3 you might get a full 5 mins of playing be for your system shuts down (Powering off causing the problems)
AMD-FX should really look into adding a better stock cooler as it will not cut what the CPU need's

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012

wow thanks for the reply.. though this thread was already closed. ^^
I am currently using closed loop water cooler from thermaltake, and it works just fine.. ^^

Thank you for the reply ^^

Wezzy Andy

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

:S may have issues with your other system parts, im running the 8350 on stock cooler, bf3, planetside 2 etc all run at a max of 40-45c never get any shutdowns, maybe need a bios update ive heard thats been causing problems on msi boards not sure about others

Norlag

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I have an fx 8320, which I believe has the same cooler, and the coil whine is horrid. I get temps in the upper 50s and lower 60s in the bios, and up to 80 while doing light gaming. I don't even overclock. I wanted to get an aftermarket cpu cooler anyways, but now it's a matter of my sanity. Perhaps I got a bad unit, but the noise is way too annoying to keep.

Cookies_monster

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
well friend ....stock coolers are just fine for a light games ...also thats not all the time cause sometimes the room temputure also effect like if your PC on good open room that has so much air flow in and out ..it would be just fine ...but if your PC in a small room that dont have much air flow in that might cause some problems but it will run the windows fine but with so much hardcore gaming or tasks it will overheat the CPU and it will shuts down your PC .

Soo my friend ..

if you are just wanting to play games on like low or medium FBS and NOT on the ULTRA ....that will work you just fine ! ..but if you like to have a better position and spend just few extra dollars ..go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO .... i saw lots of reviews about it and its realy great for anything except OVERCLOCKING ! ..... you can use the Stock FX8350 CPU cooler for like couple months till you buy a better one like i recommended you with that CM Hyper 212 EVO .... its realy nice and i am willing to buy it next couple days for my FX8350

Hope i had helped

^_^

chankey007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
tutswiki.com

What's your ambient temperature and what temp you were getting while playing games? I get 60C while playing BF3 :(

Penguinpower81

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Fx8350 with gigabyte 990fx ud3 and with the stock cooler and stock paste with all bios values set to auto my temps while running prime95 were at 80c! I stopped prime and looked into what was going on. I lowered my cpu voltage in the bios -0.100 and the north bridge by -0.075. Changed the thermal paste to arctic silver 5 (best I could get locally) and my temps dropped almost 10c. I'm not overclocking or using turbo. I'm going to get a street market cooler prolly just air no water. The stock hsf for the 8350 is the exact same as my old phenom ii955. The temps a stock rig get to are way to high imo.

chankey007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
tutswiki.com

In my machine voltage is set to auto. So should I set it to a custom value? If so then what value? I am facing heating issues, will lowering down voltage help? I have FX8350 and ASRock 990FX Extreme4.

Penguinpower81

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010

Penguinpower81

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
I set my cpu voltage to .075 below default and nb to .050 below default and it ran a stability test it's better but still h hot. I would recommend getting an after market cooler. You will have to play with yours to see what the lowest voltage it will be stable at. I'm guessing it will be different than mine since you have a different mb.

chankey007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
tutswiki.com

I have an aftermarket cooler, this one: www.flipkart.com/deepcool-iceedge-400-xt/p/itmd9hkakrxwwax9?pid=COLD9HKA76V5ZAD2

Penguinpower81

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Switched to a cool master 212 evo, added a new intake fan my cpu temp dropped 30c! And at idle it's down to 25c on the cpu and 18c on the cores No lie i couldn't believe how much it's dropped

sharkboyfat

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
I've been using stock AMD cooler since i built my first rig Gigabyte ga990fxa-ud5 with FX8120.
Im now on a sabertooth 990fx r2.0 with a FX8370 still using stock cooler and i get idle temps about 50C in 25C ambient

*I ran my rig on default settings for 2 months before making any changes in my setup either software or hardware.*

My solution was to tilt my case so the back exhaust fans are facing up and my 5.25 and 3.5 bays are facing the ground.
This by itself lowered my temps by about 4C to about 46C
Then i went to power option in Win7 control panel and set to power saving plan-> advanced setting-> min/max processor state and changed to 1%/50%
Now my temps at idle are 40C Flat and at load are 55C playing Age of Wonders III on ultra settings.

*I ran my rig on default settings for 2 months before making any changes in my setup either software or hardware.*

Long story short the AMD stock cooler that comes with 8120 is powerful enough to cool my 125W cpu without crashing ever.
I did run a stress test using CPU-Z and my temps went up to about 62C and held stable in my modded setup.

*I have not run a stress test with my computer case standing upright with the power plan on default settings.*

TRENDING THREADS