Sign in with
Your question

Screen burnin help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 29, 2012 7:25:12 PM

OK so i got a plasma monitor from pioneer for 200 bucks it is about a 40 inch TV the model is pdp-402 and my background burnt into the screen so i tried using jscreen fix but the trial isn't long enough so the image is still there i used dead pixel buddy and let it on green for a day and the image has turned more into a yellow ghost but i don't know what to do now it isn't a TV so there is now static and nothing i try to find it doesn't help maybe you had experiences with image burn what did you do to fix it

More about : screen burnin

May 29, 2012 7:29:39 PM

Holy lack of punctuation, Batman!

Anyway, I'm sorry but the damage is probably permanent. This is why plasma screens aren't used as monitors.
m
l
May 29, 2012 7:32:17 PM

I agree with Willard on this one. I have a 42 inch plasma at home that has a logo burned into the corner that will not go away and I have tried multiple tools to make it go away. All I really succeded in doing is fading it just a bit but depending on the image being displayed it is still visible.

Flare
m
l
Related resources
May 29, 2012 7:51:20 PM

I got a used tv that had a burned in image I think it was the window of some sort of ticker or something as I can clearly see the outline of the rectangle and some blurs where the chaning numbers were.

Any way I tried everything and nothing really worked to well. What seemed to work the best was to turn the brightness up to 100% and then use windows screen saver set to picture slide show. Then fill the picture folder with a bunch of jpgs of solid colors like whites and reds and greys. You can make these sold squares of color in paint just make sure they are the native resolution. Then set the screen saver to stay on all day and display each picture for 5 minutes or so.

I did this for a few hours a day as normal usage turned on the screen saver. 2 years later I can still see the smudge beacuse i know where it is, but the box that was the window is gone, and no one has ever commented about it so I dont think they even notice.
m
l
May 29, 2012 7:55:31 PM

This is the reason why plasma's make horrible horrible monitors. Even with burn in protection you still get image retention for years. I would recommend scrapping the TV and buying an LCD for the same price, otherwise if you want to keep it and fix it there should be an burn-in "fixer" remover inside the TV software. If its a super cheap model they might not have any though.
m
l
May 30, 2012 4:37:38 AM

it inst a TV to tell you the truth i got this on Craig list for 20 bucks and it has Adidas logos burn in so far i have left in on green and they turned into pee ghost it is a monitor see http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Professional/Pla...
it is the real website i don't know if i need to update it either and i don't know how to update it
m
l
May 30, 2012 5:33:22 AM

jkipod said:
it inst a TV to tell you the truth i got this on Craig list for 20 bucks and it has Adidas logos burn in so far i have left in on green and they turned into pee ghost it is a monitor see http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Professional/Pla...
it is the real website i don't know if i need to update it either and i don't know how to update it

Updating firmware will do nothing. Your screen is physically damaged. Like I said before, nothing you can do.
m
l
May 31, 2012 1:33:02 AM

I did the update last night and it gave me a ocs option also a solid colors option so i left is on w th now it is a orange ghost
m
l
!