Solved

Laptop and dual monitor; messed up settings.

Hello,

I was setting up dual monitors from my laptop to my flat screen tv and when i first connected it i got a pop up with all the settings. i accidentally made it so my flat screen was my primary and my laptop was me secondary. which isn't what i wanted at all. I went into personalize where you change the monitors so they are aligned and i can't set my laptop as the primary there, ive tried. Im using a vista laptop and a Vizio LCDTV. if anyone could please help, i would much appreciate it.

I made a thread about this not long ago, but i forgot about it ,and it got locked. I also have no idea where to post this thread, feel free to move it.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop dual monitor messed settings
  1. Typically if you just unplug your TV it will reset and put the laptop screen as number 1, have you tried that?
  2. Yep, i have tried that, but it won't allow me to set my tv as 2
  3. What kind of graphic card do you have? AMD/ATI, Nvidia, or Intel? I assume AMD from the section? You can try changing it from within Catalyst.
  4. AMD is Correct, but i have no idea what to do and i don't want to play around with it and try to figure out what to do and mess something up.
  5. Best answer
    Right click on the desktop and there should be a link to Catalyst Control Center. Open it up and go to Desktop Properties to try to fix it.
  6. YES!!! thank you so much! i managed to fix it by going into advanced settings and the display manager. Thank you so much. :D
  7. Best answer selected by doomdiger.
  8. Glad I could be of assistance :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Laptops Flat Screen Dual Monitors Graphics