Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Laptop and dual monitor; messed up settings.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 29, 2012 8:09:01 PM

Hello,

I was setting up dual monitors from my laptop to my flat screen tv and when i first connected it i got a pop up with all the settings. i accidentally made it so my flat screen was my primary and my laptop was me secondary. which isn't what i wanted at all. I went into personalize where you change the monitors so they are aligned and i can't set my laptop as the primary there, ive tried. Im using a vista laptop and a Vizio LCDTV. if anyone could please help, i would much appreciate it.

I made a thread about this not long ago, but i forgot about it ,and it got locked. I also have no idea where to post this thread, feel free to move it.
May 29, 2012 8:23:13 PM

Typically if you just unplug your TV it will reset and put the laptop screen as number 1, have you tried that?
May 29, 2012 9:05:06 PM

Yep, i have tried that, but it won't allow me to set my tv as 2
Related resources
May 29, 2012 9:11:23 PM

What kind of graphic card do you have? AMD/ATI, Nvidia, or Intel? I assume AMD from the section? You can try changing it from within Catalyst.
May 29, 2012 9:22:09 PM

AMD is Correct, but i have no idea what to do and i don't want to play around with it and try to figure out what to do and mess something up.

Best solution

May 29, 2012 9:39:59 PM

Right click on the desktop and there should be a link to Catalyst Control Center. Open it up and go to Desktop Properties to try to fix it.
May 30, 2012 10:17:45 PM

YES!!! thank you so much! i managed to fix it by going into advanced settings and the display manager. Thank you so much. :D 
May 30, 2012 10:18:29 PM

Best answer selected by doomdiger.
May 30, 2012 11:39:02 PM

Glad I could be of assistance :) 
!