Sign in with
Your question

Monitor blinks on and off

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 29, 2012 8:36:41 PM

I recently purchased a 3d monitor and it works fine in 3d (120hz) and in non-3d (60hz).
I have a high end computer with (2)gt 560 running in SLi.
On average maybe twice a day, my monitor will blink off then back on, it only last a mili second...it does this maybe two or three times, then it doesnt occur the rest of the day. I have contacted Viewsonic about this issue and they have not recieved any feedback from other buyers at this time.
Has anyone experiened this issue before or knows what maybe could be causing this problem?
They have agreed to let me return it for repair, I just was checking to see with you all about this issue first.
Thanks, TM

More about : monitor blinks

November 23, 2012 11:48:35 PM

Tmortonhr said:
I recently purchased a 3d monitor and it works fine in 3d (120hz) and in non-3d (60hz).
I have a high end computer with (2)gt 560 running in SLi.
On average maybe twice a day, my monitor will blink off then back on, it only last a mili second...it does this maybe two or three times, then it doesnt occur the rest of the day. I have contacted Viewsonic about this issue and they have not recieved any feedback from other buyers at this time.
Has anyone experiened this issue before or knows what maybe could be causing this problem?
They have agreed to let me return it for repair, I just was checking to see with you all about this issue first.
Thanks, TM

I have temporarily devised a workaround for my wife's new system I built her with 2x Viewsonics. Master monitor running DVI flashes after NVIDIA drivers load so I created a custom NVIDIA res setting with altered internal values which I get her to load at startup and its good unless the machine sleeps, then she has to re-apply the custom setting. Still looking for a permanent solution.
- AutomationMan
m
l
December 4, 2012 10:17:42 PM

AutomationMan said:
I have temporarily devised a workaround for my wife's new system I built her with 2x Viewsonics. Master monitor running DVI flashes after NVIDIA drivers load so I created a custom NVIDIA res setting with altered internal values which I get her to load at startup and its good unless the machine sleeps, then she has to re-apply the custom setting. Still looking for a permanent solution.
- AutomationMan

\

Having the same problem. Will be working with trading platform having charts, etc. on 4 screens (1920x1200 resolution) and also have excel open, will make a change in excel or will go to do a screen capture and all my monitors will flash black - come back, sometimes do it again and then be okay for a day or so. Sometimes happens twice in a day sometimes not at all.

Would like more information about altered internal values - have 4 Dell2405FPW monitors and using 2 cards - Nvidia XFX GT-240S-YAFA GeForce 240 Grahpic CArd - 550 MHz Core - 512 MB DDR3 SDRAM PCI express 2.0 - x16 - 2000 MHz Memory Clock - 2560 x 1600 HDMI -DVI-VGA
have 450W Antec PSU

Or any suggestion you may have to offer.

m
l
!