WoW freezes with mods when grouped

I have the following mods installed:

EquipCompare 2.7 (just upgraded it to 2.8)
SellValue 2.7
FastQuest 2.0
Telo's Infobar 1.4.0
PetFeedButton 1.3.8 (just upgraded it to 1.3.9)
(comes with Zubanlib 0.1.2 -> upgraded to 0.2.0)
PetFeedMod (AutoFeed) 1.0.1

While soloing this works just fine, but when I group, after a while (can't
reproduce it) everything just freezes up. I see the screen, can move the
mouse but that's it. Mouse is ignored, keys are ignored, I don't move,
mobs and NPCs or group members don't move. The whole machine just seems
to freeze.

Ctrl-Alt-Del TaskManager does not work (I get a white screen), Alt-TAB to
other apps does not work (if any open). All I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Del, logoff
and then re-login. If a restart wow the same happens.

The only thing that solves the problem is to rename the ...\Interface\AddOn
folder to AddOn_ or some such and restart without the mods. Then everything
works again nicely. I I then re-enable the mods later on, all is fine.

I have tried to isolate which mod it happens with, but no luck so far.
This has happened before and after the 1.5.0 patch so I guess it's
unrelated.

I have yet to try and see if the two upgrades which are available make
a difference.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any help.

Urbin

--
Urbin (23), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Sneak (7), Troll Rogue (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

    In article <slrndb5sg4.rg6.urbin@stinky.trash.net>,
    Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:

    > I have the following mods installed:
    >
    > EquipCompare 2.7 (just upgraded it to 2.8)
    > SellValue 2.7
    > FastQuest 2.0
    > Telo's Infobar 1.4.0
    > PetFeedButton 1.3.8 (just upgraded it to 1.3.9)
    > (comes with Zubanlib 0.1.2 -> upgraded to 0.2.0)
    > PetFeedMod (AutoFeed) 1.0.1
    >
    > While soloing this works just fine, but when I group, after a while (can't
    > reproduce it) everything just freezes up. I see the screen, can move the
    > mouse but that's it. Mouse is ignored, keys are ignored, I don't move,
    > mobs and NPCs or group members don't move. The whole machine just seems
    > to freeze.
    >
    > Ctrl-Alt-Del TaskManager does not work (I get a white screen), Alt-TAB to
    > other apps does not work (if any open). All I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Del, logoff
    > and then re-login. If a restart wow the same happens.
    >
    > The only thing that solves the problem is to rename the ...\Interface\AddOn
    > folder to AddOn_ or some such and restart without the mods. Then everything
    > works again nicely. I I then re-enable the mods later on, all is fine.
    >
    > I have tried to isolate which mod it happens with, but no luck so far.
    > This has happened before and after the 1.5.0 patch so I guess it's
    > unrelated.
    >
    > I have yet to try and see if the two upgrades which are available make
    > a difference.
    >
    > Is this a known issue?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Urbin

    Give the "add-ons" button a try on the lower left part of the
    choose-character screen after you log in. It should make
    troubleshooting a little easier, and you can up the memory dedicated to
    them in case that helps (Auctioneer, for one, *requires* this).

    I used SellValue for ages without any problems, but have no experience
    with the others you're using. But, I ditched SellValue recently for
    Auctioneer for all the extra info, even if the display is a mess.

    --
    Eonar: Hemophage (60), Human warrior Purge (32), Undead mage
    Dagobert (30), Human mage Vaik (12), Night Elf rogue

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:10:09 -0600, chocolatemalt <chocolatemalt@dim=dot=com.invalid> wrote:
    > In article <slrndb5sg4.rg6.urbin@stinky.trash.net>,
    > Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
    >
    > > I have the following mods installed:
    > >
    > > EquipCompare 2.7 (just upgraded it to 2.8)
    > > SellValue 2.7
    > > FastQuest 2.0
    > > Telo's Infobar 1.4.0
    > > PetFeedButton 1.3.8 (just upgraded it to 1.3.9)
    > > (comes with Zubanlib 0.1.2 -> upgraded to 0.2.0)
    > > PetFeedMod (AutoFeed) 1.0.1
    > >
    > Give the "add-ons" button a try on the lower left part of the
    > choose-character screen after you log in. It should make
    > troubleshooting a little easier,

    I know, I tried this but as soon, as I disabled any one of them and logged
    in, it works again. To systematically test this, I would need to go through
    all combinations of the 6 add-ons and play in groups to see if it still
    ocurs or not. And if not, I might just not have waited long enough :-)

    > > I have yet to try and see if the two upgrades which are available make
    > > a difference.

    I have now played in a group for about 2 hours with the upgraded versions
    and *WITHOUT* the auto feed mod for FeedPetButton. No hangs. I might just

    > I used SellValue for ages without any problems, but have no experience
    > with the others you're using. But, I ditched SellValue recently for
    > Auctioneer for all the extra info, even if the display is a mess.

    Might have a look into it, thanks.

    Urbin

    --

    "chocolatemalt" <chocolatemalt@dim=dot=com.invalid> wrote in message
    > In article <slrndb5sg4.rg6.urbin@stinky.trash.net>,
    > Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
    >
    >> I have the following mods installed:
    >>
    >> EquipCompare 2.7 (just upgraded it to 2.8)
    >> SellValue 2.7
    >> FastQuest 2.0
    >> Telo's Infobar 1.4.0
    >> PetFeedButton 1.3.8 (just upgraded it to 1.3.9)
    >> (comes with Zubanlib 0.1.2 -> upgraded to 0.2.0)
    >> PetFeedMod (AutoFeed) 1.0.1
    >>
    >> While soloing this works just fine, but when I group, after a while
    >> (can't
    >> reproduce it) everything just freezes up. I see the screen, can move the
    >> mouse but that's it. Mouse is ignored, keys are ignored, I don't move,
    >> mobs and NPCs or group members don't move. The whole machine just seems
    >> to freeze.
    >>
    >> Ctrl-Alt-Del TaskManager does not work (I get a white screen), Alt-TAB to
    >> other apps does not work (if any open). All I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Del,
    >> logoff
    >> and then re-login. If a restart wow the same happens.
    >>
    >> The only thing that solves the problem is to rename the
    >> ...\Interface\AddOn
    >> folder to AddOn_ or some such and restart without the mods. Then
    >> everything
    >> works again nicely. I I then re-enable the mods later on, all is fine.
    >>
    >> I have tried to isolate which mod it happens with, but no luck so far.
    >> This has happened before and after the 1.5.0 patch so I guess it's
    >> unrelated.
    >>
    >> I have yet to try and see if the two upgrades which are available make
    >> a difference.
    >>
    >> Is this a known issue?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> Urbin
    >

    > Give the "add-ons" button a try on the lower left part of the
    > choose-character screen after you log in. It should make
    > troubleshooting a little easier, and you can up the memory dedicated to
    > them in case that helps (Auctioneer, for one, *requires* this).

    After you click "add-ons" button you might try increasing the amount of
    memory reserved by WOW.

World Of Warcraft Video Games