WoW freezes with mods when grouped

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 17, 2005 7:53:40 PM

I have the following mods installed:

EquipCompare 2.7 (just upgraded it to 2.8)
SellValue 2.7
FastQuest 2.0
Telo's Infobar 1.4.0
PetFeedButton 1.3.8 (just upgraded it to 1.3.9)
(comes with Zubanlib 0.1.2 -> upgraded to 0.2.0)
PetFeedMod (AutoFeed) 1.0.1

While soloing this works just fine, but when I group, after a while (can't
reproduce it) everything just freezes up. I see the screen, can move the
mouse but that's it. Mouse is ignored, keys are ignored, I don't move,
mobs and NPCs or group members don't move. The whole machine just seems
to freeze.

Ctrl-Alt-Del TaskManager does not work (I get a white screen), Alt-TAB to
other apps does not work (if any open). All I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Del, logoff
and then re-login. If a restart wow the same happens.

The only thing that solves the problem is to rename the ...\Interface\AddOn
folder to AddOn_ or some such and restart without the mods. Then everything
works again nicely. I I then re-enable the mods later on, all is fine.

I have tried to isolate which mod it happens with, but no luck so far.
This has happened before and after the 1.5.0 patch so I guess it's
unrelated.

I have yet to try and see if the two upgrades which are available make
a difference.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any help.

Urbin

--
Urbin (23), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Sneak (7), Troll Rogue (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

In article <slrndb5sg4.rg6.urbin@stinky.trash.net>,
Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:

> I have the following mods installed:
>
> EquipCompare 2.7 (just upgraded it to 2.8)
> SellValue 2.7
> FastQuest 2.0
> Telo's Infobar 1.4.0
> PetFeedButton 1.3.8 (just upgraded it to 1.3.9)
> (comes with Zubanlib 0.1.2 -> upgraded to 0.2.0)
> PetFeedMod (AutoFeed) 1.0.1
>
> While soloing this works just fine, but when I group, after a while (can't
> reproduce it) everything just freezes up. I see the screen, can move the
> mouse but that's it. Mouse is ignored, keys are ignored, I don't move,
> mobs and NPCs or group members don't move. The whole machine just seems
> to freeze.
>
> Ctrl-Alt-Del TaskManager does not work (I get a white screen), Alt-TAB to
> other apps does not work (if any open). All I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Del, logoff
> and then re-login. If a restart wow the same happens.
>
> The only thing that solves the problem is to rename the ...\Interface\AddOn
> folder to AddOn_ or some such and restart without the mods. Then everything
> works again nicely. I I then re-enable the mods later on, all is fine.
>
> I have tried to isolate which mod it happens with, but no luck so far.
> This has happened before and after the 1.5.0 patch so I guess it's
> unrelated.
>
> I have yet to try and see if the two upgrades which are available make
> a difference.
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Urbin

Give the "add-ons" button a try on the lower left part of the
choose-character screen after you log in. It should make
troubleshooting a little easier, and you can up the memory dedicated to
them in case that helps (Auctioneer, for one, *requires* this).

I used SellValue for ages without any problems, but have no experience
with the others you're using. But, I ditched SellValue recently for
Auctioneer for all the extra info, even if the display is a mess.

--
Eonar: Hemophage (60), Human warrior Purge (32), Undead mage
Dagobert (30), Human mage Vaik (12), Night Elf rogue

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:10:09 -0600, chocolatemalt <chocolatemalt@dim=dot=com.invalid> wrote:
> In article <slrndb5sg4.rg6.urbin@stinky.trash.net>,
> Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
>
> > I have the following mods installed:
> >
> > EquipCompare 2.7 (just upgraded it to 2.8)
> > SellValue 2.7
> > FastQuest 2.0
> > Telo's Infobar 1.4.0
> > PetFeedButton 1.3.8 (just upgraded it to 1.3.9)
> > (comes with Zubanlib 0.1.2 -> upgraded to 0.2.0)
> > PetFeedMod (AutoFeed) 1.0.1
> >
> Give the "add-ons" button a try on the lower left part of the
> choose-character screen after you log in. It should make
> troubleshooting a little easier,

I know, I tried this but as soon, as I disabled any one of them and logged
in, it works again. To systematically test this, I would need to go through
all combinations of the 6 add-ons and play in groups to see if it still
ocurs or not. And if not, I might just not have waited long enough :-)

> > I have yet to try and see if the two upgrades which are available make
> > a difference.

I have now played in a group for about 2 hours with the upgraded versions
and *WITHOUT* the auto feed mod for FeedPetButton. No hangs. I might just

> I used SellValue for ages without any problems, but have no experience
> with the others you're using. But, I ditched SellValue recently for
> Auctioneer for all the extra info, even if the display is a mess.

Might have a look into it, thanks.

Urbin

--
Urbin (23), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Sneak (7), Troll Rogue (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gorosh (5), Tauren Druid (PvP) @sunstrider.en
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 18, 2005 7:13:38 AM

"chocolatemalt" <chocolatemalt@dim=dot=com.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <slrndb5sg4.rg6.urbin@stinky.trash.net>,
> Urbin <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote:
>
>> I have the following mods installed:
>>
>> EquipCompare 2.7 (just upgraded it to 2.8)
>> SellValue 2.7
>> FastQuest 2.0
>> Telo's Infobar 1.4.0
>> PetFeedButton 1.3.8 (just upgraded it to 1.3.9)
>> (comes with Zubanlib 0.1.2 -> upgraded to 0.2.0)
>> PetFeedMod (AutoFeed) 1.0.1
>>
>> While soloing this works just fine, but when I group, after a while
>> (can't
>> reproduce it) everything just freezes up. I see the screen, can move the
>> mouse but that's it. Mouse is ignored, keys are ignored, I don't move,
>> mobs and NPCs or group members don't move. The whole machine just seems
>> to freeze.
>>
>> Ctrl-Alt-Del TaskManager does not work (I get a white screen), Alt-TAB to
>> other apps does not work (if any open). All I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Del,
>> logoff
>> and then re-login. If a restart wow the same happens.
>>
>> The only thing that solves the problem is to rename the
>> ...\Interface\AddOn
>> folder to AddOn_ or some such and restart without the mods. Then
>> everything
>> works again nicely. I I then re-enable the mods later on, all is fine.
>>
>> I have tried to isolate which mod it happens with, but no luck so far.
>> This has happened before and after the 1.5.0 patch so I guess it's
>> unrelated.
>>
>> I have yet to try and see if the two upgrades which are available make
>> a difference.
>>
>> Is this a known issue?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Urbin
>

> Give the "add-ons" button a try on the lower left part of the
> choose-character screen after you log in. It should make
> troubleshooting a little easier, and you can up the memory dedicated to
> them in case that helps (Auctioneer, for one, *requires* this).

After you click "add-ons" button you might try increasing the amount of
memory reserved by WOW.
!