FlashPlayer Install on IE6

When I run the Flashplayer installer, it asks me to select the
Netscape-compatible browser that I would like the Macromedia Flash Player to
run on.
It is looking for the plug-ins directory.
I browse for and select the folder for Internet Explorer, but it then says
"cannot find your browser's plug-in directory".
Isn't IE Netscape-compatible?
And, if not, how do I install Flash Player on Interrnet Explorer?

TIA
5 answers Last reply
More about flashplayer install

    Macromedia Flash Player:
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Fermat" wrote:

    | When I run the Flashplayer installer, it asks me to select the
    | Netscape-compatible browser that I would like the Macromedia Flash Player to
    | run on.
    | It is looking for the plug-ins directory.
    | I browse for and select the folder for Internet Explorer, but it then says
    | "cannot find your browser's plug-in directory".
    | Isn't IE Netscape-compatible?
    | And, if not, how do I install Flash Player on Interrnet Explorer?
    |
    | TIA

    Simply open Internet options,settings,view objects,R.click on flash,then
    select,
    update.

    "Fermat" wrote:

    > When I run the Flashplayer installer, it asks me to select the
    > Netscape-compatible browser that I would like the Macromedia Flash Player to
    > run on.
    > It is looking for the plug-ins directory.
    > I browse for and select the folder for Internet Explorer, but it then says
    > "cannot find your browser's plug-in directory".
    > Isn't IE Netscape-compatible?
    > And, if not, how do I install Flash Player on Interrnet Explorer?
    >
    > TIA

    Here's a useful link to keep to check if your versions are up to date:
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/

    --
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    > Macromedia Flash Player:
    > http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Fermat" wrote:
    >
    > | When I run the Flashplayer installer, it asks me to select the
    > | Netscape-compatible browser that I would like the Macromedia Flash
    > Player to
    > | run on.
    > | It is looking for the plug-ins directory.
    > | I browse for and select the folder for Internet Explorer, but it then
    > says
    > | "cannot find your browser's plug-in directory".
    > | Isn't IE Netscape-compatible?
    > | And, if not, how do I install Flash Player on Interrnet Explorer?
    > |
    > | TIA

    Thanks folks, but no success so far.
    I went to the peter's shockwave site and found I already had Flash PLayer,
    ver. 7.0.19.0 installed.
    I went to carey's site and found I already had that update installed too!
    BTW, is IE netscape-compatible?

    "Peter" wrote:

    > Here's a useful link to keep to check if your versions are up to date:
    > http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    > Toronto, Canada
    > XP Home SP2
    > P4 dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD
    > > Macromedia Flash Player:
    > > http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carey Frisch
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > > Microsoft Newsgroups
    > >
    > > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
    > >
    > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > >
    > > "Fermat" wrote:
    > >
    > > | When I run the Flashplayer installer, it asks me to select the
    > > | Netscape-compatible browser that I would like the Macromedia Flash
    > > Player to
    > > | run on.
    > > | It is looking for the plug-ins directory.
    > > | I browse for and select the folder for Internet Explorer, but it then
    > > says
    > > | "cannot find your browser's plug-in directory".
    > > | Isn't IE Netscape-compatible?
    > > | And, if not, how do I install Flash Player on Interrnet Explorer?
    > > |
    > > | TIA

    Thanks andrew. I did that. I r-clicked on the file and the update lasted
    about 2 seconds. Looks like it was already up to date ??? Still no effect,
    though :) The installer still can't find the plug-ins directory!

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > Simply open Internet options,settings,view objects,R.click on flash,then
    > select,
    > update.
    >
    > "Fermat" wrote:
    >
    > > When I run the Flashplayer installer, it asks me to select the
    > > Netscape-compatible browser that I would like the Macromedia Flash Player to
    > > run on.
    > > It is looking for the plug-ins directory.
    > > I browse for and select the folder for Internet Explorer, but it then says
    > > "cannot find your browser's plug-in directory".
    > > Isn't IE Netscape-compatible?
    > > And, if not, how do I install Flash Player on Interrnet Explorer?
    > >
    > > TIA

Configuration Internet Explorer Compatibility Flash Player Windows XP