Sign in with
Your question

Fractal define R4 and Asus Maximus V Formula

Last response: in Components
December 3, 2012 5:28:54 PM

Yeah i read on PCPartPicker that they wouldnt match, is it so.. and why?
a b ) Power supply
December 3, 2012 5:48:49 PM

Because that motherboard is Extended ATX (E-ATX) And the Fractal define R4 only supports Micro ATX / ATX / ITX Motherboards. You have to find a case that supports E-ATX Motherboards (Specified in details)
Anonymous
December 3, 2012 6:00:18 PM

Buy a full-tower case for that. :) 
Related resources
December 3, 2012 7:08:30 PM

Anonymous said:
Buy a full-tower case for that. :) 

Oon ajateLlu mutku R4 on nii hieno:) 
December 3, 2012 7:09:58 PM

jrayx said:
Because that motherboard is Extended ATX (E-ATX) And the Fractal define R4 only supports Micro ATX / ATX / ITX Motherboards. You have to find a case that supports E-ATX Motherboards (Specified in details)

Yeah, tho ifound tHis picture

it has R4 and what seems to be the Max. V formula..
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 3, 2012 8:16:37 PM

you can definitely do it just that the cables will be a tight squeeze

asus e-atx isnt true eatx. still uses atx mounting + this extra inch of PCB on the side

and honestly, i wouldnt get the formula when you can get a board such as the gigabyte ud5h and get a sound card ontop of that that would be better overall.
December 3, 2012 8:23:04 PM

TheBigTroll said:

asus e-atx isnt true eatx. still uses atx mounting + this extra inch of PCB on the side

and honestly, i wouldnt get the formula when you can get a board such as the gigabyte ud5h and get a sound card ontop of that that would be better overall.

The only reason im getting it Is a great bundle, i get it about for asrock extreme4 price..
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 3, 2012 8:23:42 PM

oh then. go ahead. dont see why not
a c 122 ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 3, 2012 9:03:30 PM

TheBigTroll said:

:ouch:  No hating on the formula allowed! :lol:  ;) 
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 3, 2012 9:04:24 PM

i wouldnt hate on it if it was that cheap.

otherwise id just get a v-pro or a ud5h and put a sound card ontop of that = you end up with something that is cheaper
a c 122 ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 3, 2012 9:10:30 PM

TheBigTroll said:
i wouldnt hate on it if it was that cheap.

otherwise id just get a v-pro or a ud5h and put a sound card ontop of that = you end up with something that is cheaper
I would most likely do the same.If i wanted a motherboard.I agree it's overpriced.I prefer asus so i would go with v-pro . :) 
!