Psergiop2

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Intel® Core™ i5-3450
AMD Radeon HD 7450 (1 GB dedicated)

AMD A4-3420
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 (1 GB dedicated)

Note: I know, they are suckish..

How about an i3 Ivy Bridge with a better graphics card? Or a Phenom II 965, FX-6300? Why does it have to be one of those two choices? Neither are ideal, as you mentioned. But why so firm on the selection?

socialfox

Distinguished
Well like the others have said they aren't the best for gaming due to the weak video cards and the A4 being weak. I assume this is pre-built which is why you are limited in choice?

You could always build a custom built computer and save money...

Edit: Seen your new post, I guess you can upgrade the video card on the i5-3450. Though that wont be the most cost effective solution since you are paying for an already overpriced pre-built computer...

Well, I'd pass on both of em, both of them are poorly balanced. The strong i5 cannot make a weak, entry level graphics card perform better, and the AMD rig is weak in both areas. .. *realizes I no longer have anything to contribute to this thread and shows myself the door*

Psergiop2

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Money.

Also I pretty much play games like Minecraft, GTA SA, M&B Warband etc... so, yeah...
Maybe one day I'll change the Graphics card.

See, these kinds of threads leave little information to help anyone give you good recommendations. Really you should be starting a thread in the Systems section of the forum, and using the form that can be found in the sticky to ask for proper advice. Information needed from you should include max budget, building the computer yourself, buying used, buying pre-built or finding one in the dumpster. What parts the budget needs to cover, things like keyboard, monitors, peripherals, etc. Nobody can really give you proper advice without input from you. Now, if you're dead set on those two ... to be blunt, crappy systems.. Well, I promise I'll go away for real this time, but.. I actually do know what I'm talking about, and so do some of the other people who have already posted in your thread.

socialfox

Distinguished
Wow... you said money was the factor (I thought these were OEM computers). Would have been helpful if you stated that in your first post. Anyways +1 for asking this in the systems subsection. Either way custom building is the way to go and you generally want to balance out the cpu and gpu.

Psergiop2

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

I'm usin OSK so Its hard write alot. I've search Youtube and at some point I'll change the GPU.

socialfox

Distinguished

Hey there, are you buying that build pre-built? Or is it custom? If custom you could step a bit down for the processor and get a better video card....
Or is this one of those pre-built "gaming" computers? We can help you choose a more balanced one if you want. At the end of the day, a custom built computer will cost less and yield better results.

Psergiop2

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Pre-built :??:

socialfox

Distinguished

Ah, I see...no wonder the video card and CPU is kind of unbalanced. What is your actual budget and which websites can you buy from? I can see if I can look for a better pre-built computer.

Anyways....sure you can't make a custom build?

Psergiop2

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

"sure you can't make a custom build?" Yes, unfortunaly my parents won't let me.

Shops:
http://www.boxjumbo.pt/Frontoffice
http://www.radiopopular.pt/catalogo/produtoscategoria.php?categoriaId=365
Budget 600€ [Paying monthly]

socialfox

Distinguished

Well it's a shame your backed in to a corner with very little choices to make. In truth that i5-3450 computer is the best (out of those choices) and its the only one with a significant saving on it...that being said grab that IF you can't make any other choices or you can't find any other websites you can buy off. Consider the video card upgrade, that computer houses a good processor but weak video card.

If you can look off of ebay, they may sell a computer for cheap there.

If you can buy a cheap computer with an i3 and spend a little money and buy the gpu from somewhere else. its an easy install and if you buy a 7750 or a 6670 you shouldn't have problems but would be much better than the computers listed for gaming.

Psergiop2

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

And the GPU?

socialfox

Distinguished

It says Geforce G505, never heard of that but must be really weak. I chose that regardless of the video card since you were going to replace it any way with a better one. I would suggest selling the G505 on a classified website to make some money.

Psergiop2

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Was there any other with a nice CPU?

socialfox

Distinguished

I believe not, from those two websites you provided us with. The i3 2120 is a pretty capable processor, I did that so you can up the budget on your video card...

Psergiop2

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

I what shoul I get for GPU?