Cpu lag everywere even multi media programs and game crashes

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012
hello all, ive been searching all around for answers to my problem or similer ones but i got no luck on anything

my cpu has been having a problem were no matter what i do or run theres always a lag spike once in awhile or every few seconds or somtimes just lags like crazy for a couple of minites or until the point were i know my cpu has frozen and somtimes when it dose freeze it has all these graphic stuff scattered and messed up on my laptop and thats on most of my games to, which used to run PERFECT with no lag and pretty high ass graphics.

also here and there my screen gets black and gets back up saying that the display driver has stoped responding in the corner and has recovered with that red cross shield icon thing on it and go`s away but this has happened MANY times and my temps of my cpu are suprizingly fine cause id expect to be overheating was my first resort but now i know its a graphical problem also in those games that did work wonderfull my cpu also made wired noises for awhile to and that was a bad shign to me due to the noises being followed up by Freezing my cpu most of the time on things that range from things as simple as videos to things that range to my Games

another thing to is i also brought my laptop to bestbuy geek squad which was succsesfull in repairing my cpu before, told me it was a internet problem with wi-fi but was definitly not the problem cause later i discovered my cpu said my video driver had some problems so when i went back they told me to go to the Nvidia center and turn of V-Sync and it fixed some problems but ultimitly DID NOT solve my problem due to games still Crashing, Frezzing my CPU, non game programs freezing my cpu, noises that the cpu makes when in most of my games , and yet the black screen that is followed by saying that the display driver stoped responding, acwerdly some games work a bit fine but still got the lag spike problem and several of my games that worked fine now crash/ not respond and so on.

idk if its hardware or softwere or can be solved by softwere/ settings PLZZZ help
if u wana know my specs :

Alienware M15x laptop
Intel core i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz
Windows 7 (SP1)
64bit OS
Nvidia Geforce GT 240m
4GB RAM

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012

i already tried that cc cleaner thing before and it didnt really do much at all, and when i have a cpu problem to idc about punctuation i just want to know how to fix the dam thing

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012

i downloaded the program and im running on PCI-e x16 and max # is the min # to so its not that :(

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012

well i do have the option of bringing it to bestbuy and they told me scince they dont know my laptop (scince i didnt buy it there ) they can sent it to the dell hq cause they were predicting that its hardware but i dont wana send it to them if its a problem i can fix on my laptop u kno , and Dell fixed it last time they sent it to them so there good (they fixed my cpu from a error that didnt even allow my cpu to start up) but i just wana know if i really do need to send it in or if its fixable so i dont feel stupid.

fantastik250

Distinguished
From what I read that your computer lag spikes every second or so. It may be due to a hardware interrupt or a possible malware. Scan your computer for viruses or malware. If nothing is found, then it may indicate that part of your system is faulty or possibly be failing. You may also want to do a system restore or complete fresh install of windows and see if you have the same problems.

super-smashman

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I believe your computer is overheating.

Most likely you have never cleaned the fan on the graphics card and they are choked with dust.

You wouldn't see this temperature increase while looking at the CPU either.

I would suggest you find someone with an air compressor and blow all the fans out.

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012

theres no viruses that i know of but i did do a restore , to factory state actually and it didnt do a thing before but i can try to reinstall windows and se if that can do a thing and hopfully it dose but i still have that feeling that its a hardware failing to which i cannot fix

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012

idk my temps were pretty normal acording to other people but idk i can try it out cause as u said it wouldent show on the cpu, i think i can try to se if it dose work and if it dose then yay but if not then i do really think it can be damaged hardware which isnt good

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012

my laptop itself isnt under warrenty but for bestbuy it is under warrenty which means if i bring it to best buy tech support they charge me nothing (saves 200-250$ for bringing it in for repair) but if they bring it to dell which is alienwares hq to then they can carge for new\replaced parts if damaged but yea my warenty just ran out in december for the laptop and i had it for a year for bestbuy TS i got until december this year so thats lucky but my laptop ran out

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012

but i do agree with you to on the Video card RAM problem cause it really dose seem like it , also considering one time i looked in the corner of my screen and went to that PC issues tab and selected 11 probems to fix buttun , ALL said that somthing is wrong with my video hardware wich is like u said the RAM , the video card ...ect... i just wana know if there is a way to fix it without bringing it in for repairs

Doomon15

Honorable
May 29, 2012

i would maybey agree with you but as me not bieng a cpu pro idk what bloatware is, unless its like another word for hardware cause thats what i think is the problem