Solved

Can someone please recommend some cards?

Hey guys this is what I have so far:

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
Intel i5 2500k 3.3GHZ with Turbo

I want to get either one great GPU or crossfire two ok GPUs. Even after reading the FAQ I don't know which route to go.

I want to spend max $450-$500 either way.

Could someone recommend which way they think I should go, and tell me some card combos for this price range?
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about recommend cards
  1. One great GPU is recommended. And that is my suggestion.
  2. Is that the general censuses? Or is this one of those things where there are fanboys on either side and both think theirs is the best way to go? :(
  3. one great gpu always beats 2 lesser ones.
  4. There is actually some fact to the recommendation. Sometimes users experience flickering, microstuttering, flashing, bad scaling in games, issues with drivers and etc. Some games can and cannot support it.
  5. Alright you guys have me convinced, thanks. The only question is, for my budget of $500 and under can I get a great GPU? If so, can you suggest a few that will go with the hardware i listed in the OP?
  6. Yes, it depends on how much you play games and among other things.
  7. Best answer
    I think GTX 670 is the best card in that price range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130787

Check out it's review:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/geforce-gtx-670-review,review-32443.html

Quote from the conclusions:
    Quote:
    Maybe this time will be different and we’ll see GeForce GTX 670s in sufficient quantity to satisfy the folks previously priced out of the ultra-high-end market. If that’s the case, then hell yes. GeForce GTX 670 is a phenomenal little board that blows right past the GeForce GTX 580—a card that was introduced at £400 a year and a half ago. It offers the display connectivity to contend with Eyefinity, one of AMD’s prior differentiators, and its efficiency is currently unmatched. We have every reason to recommend buying a GeForce GTX 670—even as an alternative to the GeForce GTX 680, which is marginally faster, but 25% more expensive.

Basically, it's second fastest GPU in the market, and has insanely high performance for its price.

P. S. I am sorry other people have trolled you.
  8. You have several choices: GTX 670, Radeon HD 7970, GTX 580. Those are at the top of your price range.
  9. Thanks very much guys!!
  10. Any of the cards that are suggested will do well with your setup, especially the i5-2500k.
  11. Glad to help!
  12. The 670 is definitely the best value, but you can also get a 680 for $500.
  13. cuecuemore said:
    The 670 is definitely the best value, but you can also get a 680 for $500.

I doubt he can, those go for around $520 nowadays.
  14. I agree. Plus, most are out of stock.
  15. I retract everything I ever said!! Get a 670!
  16. Well I was about to pull the trigger on the 670, but someone told me that it might be overkill because I won't be gaming at a high resolution. (Have a 21 inch monitor) They said I could save a couple hundred bucks by getting a 560 Ti / 6850 / 6870 / 6950 instead.

Is this true??

Thanks again!
  17. It really depends on the games you play. GTX 560 Ti will max all most games, but not all of them. Namely it cannot max out are: Witcher 2, Metro 2033, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, and similar graphically intense games. GTX 670 however, would max everything today and will continue to do for over 2 years. It's your choice really ;).
  18. Alright sorry for the bother..Thanks again guys!
  19. Best answer selected by thename1000.
  20. Glad I helped you decide :).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product