Sign in with
Your question

Strange Graphics Card Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 30, 2012 4:51:04 AM

hava a very strange Video card Problem.
my graphics card is XFX geforce 9600 GSO 384 mb.yesterday it was working perfect but today when i turned the PC on the language of the booting and other things was not correct.for example: RAM was Misspelled and was written PAM.and when the booting process completed,the system was not detecting the driver.i uninstalled the driver and installed it again bt the same problem.I Scanned the computer several times with the best antivirus and it detected two viruses,WPLUGIN.DLL and REGSVR.exe.
So i wiped the full Hard Disk and Started a new Installation of Windows XP.bt the language was messed at windows screen also.
So i am wondering if it is a BIOS Virus or some other thing and how to fix It???????
a c 143 U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 5:25:34 AM

Take both your GPU and RAM out, clean them from dust and clean them with a dry cleaner. Then insert them back.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 5:32:02 AM

reset cmos.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 5:34:20 AM

Have a spare HDD or PSU?
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 5:36:18 AM

It's either dust or your graphics card is dying. If cleaning contacts doesn't work, I'm afraid it's the card dying. I suggest you get another card asap, before you are unable to use your computer at all.
m
l
May 30, 2012 6:39:37 AM

lycros said:
Have a spare HDD or PSU?

Yes i have
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 8:57:57 AM

If you have a spare Power supply, try using it and see if the problem persists.

If you have a spare hard drive, try installing windows to it and booting from it, and see if it's solved.

If none of above solves it, it means your graphics card is dying. If it's still covered by warranty, you should let them fix it, and if it's not, well, you'll have to buy another card.
m
l
!