Asus ENGTX 560 TI DCII TOP vs Gigabyte GTX 560 TI

Jan4ix

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hi guys!

I need your opinion on these two cards. Which one to choose???

1. On paper the Asus is better 900mhz>822mhz
2. Fans - in my opinion Gigabyte has done more solid work than Asus
3. Asus version , by reading forums and buyers reviews, runs hotter > 75-80C
were Gigabyte is more cooler > 60C. I think that's because a) OC for Asus b) Asus poorly designed wents (also read that hot air stays in for Asus card)

All in all, Asus is a little bit more expensive, but performs a bit better and hotter.

Which card would you go for?
- for my needs> primary photo and video editing, little bit of gaming.

I can't really speak for ASUS, but I own a gigabyte one. I overclocked it myself to 975 MHz core clock for daily use, and using 1000 MHz overclock for Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 (more demanding games). Temperatures while gaming don't climb over 70 °C. On Furmark burn in test, it reaches 80 °C. It isn't very noisy, in fact, I can't hear it when I'm gaming with sound on. Of course, when there's no other sounds, it's noticeable. I am quite happy for it considering it was the cheapest GTX 560 Ti available at the time I bought it (November, 2011). Paid 200 Euros for it.

icathelion

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I own the asus and I can vouch that it is very stable at the current speeds, however unless you tweak the voltage I will say don't push it any further. I just recently did some benches with my current system, see the bottom of my reply.

3Dmark vantage 18413
3Dmark 11 4769

-on a 70 degree day it idles at about 28 degrees C and loads about 60
-on a hot day (92 degrees) it idles at 40 and loads max at 88 degrees
-keep in mind these are furmark extreme burn in temps so while gaming you will never see these temps
-also keep in mind that I did set a custom fan speed system through MSI Afterburner because I don't like a leaf blower in my system yet I love cool temps, something to remember that the windforce fan system is MUCH quieter

So in the end its up to you, but I will say this, if you're going to get a 560 TI which IS no doubt one of the best bangs for your buck, I INSIST you get the 2Gb version, i beleive only asus has one but dont hold me to it.

Happy Hunting!

Jan4ix

Honorable
May 24, 2012

Thanks for replay.
Actually I did not know, that there is a 2Gb version!! Does it make a big difference?

For now, I am building a new pc system, with IB i7 , 16GB, Asrock z77 extreme 4, 120GB SSD and 1T HDD.

2gb sounds more future proof, and costs 40$ more!

icathelion

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Very nice build! And yes it does make a difference. For example, battlefield three encounters slight problems with the 1gb 560 ti: it stutters and sometimes the framerates drop and screen tearing results... no bueno. However the 2gb version plays it flawlessly at 1080P at ultra settings because it has double the frame buffer.

I have the 1gb version so I would say play it safe and get the future proof upgrade, it's still the best bang for your buck! Oh and if the graphics ever bog down with the up and coming of really advanced games, you can always buy a second and run sli, after all the mobo has tons of PCI bandwith!

And if the 40$ really bothers you, you can cut the 16gb down to 8. Usually 8 is way more than needed unless you have something specifically that calls for it. I never even use 4 gigs evern when playing crazy games like crysis and crysis 2 (40 and 65 fps, respectively)

Jan4ix

Honorable
May 24, 2012

Thanks for the advice!
I looked up, and te 2GB version has 830mhz vs 900mhz 1Gb version, so that's a downgrade a little bit. :( at least for Asus ENGTX560 TI DC2
Yes, TOP version has 900mhz and costs a litle bit more.

Ram i already have bought. my primary use is Adobe programs. :)
Then bit of gaming.

So>
ASUS GTX560 TI DCII TOP > 1GB and 900hmz
Asus GTX560 TI DC2 /2DI/2G > 2 GB and 830mhz
Asus GTX560TI DC2 TOP/2DI/2G > 2GB and 900mhz

???

Jan4ix

Honorable
May 24, 2012
For now I am considering >>>
Asus ENGTX560 Ti DC2/2DI/2GD5 (2GB; 830mhz, 1666Mhz)

Will it be able to OC it to 900mhz ?
If not - is there a really big difference in real life between 830mhz and 900mhz or only in gaming for few fps ?

Jan4ix

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Oh, another card :)

In my country, Latvia, the card N560GTX-TI HAWK is in the same price as Asus ENGTX560 Ti DC2/2DI/2GD5.

MSI>> VRAM 1GB, CC 950mhz, SC 1900mhz

Asus>> VRAM 2GB, CC 830mhz, SC 1600mhz

I could believe, that MSI can run "colder" than Asus in stress mode, that's a +
Vram only 1Gb. For near future (up to 2 years maybe), not really safe, that's -

If I go for Asus, Oc if needed, I could get 2GB card, with ~900mhz - ~950mhz clock. Not too bad! :)

Still, I am open for suggestions!!!

icathelion

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
The msi hawk is a very solid card, however it does not benefit from the 2gb of vram so it's a combination of noise level, color scheme, (clock speeds dont really matter because you can simply overclock) and difference in cooling.

The asus- pros: 2gb vram
high level of OC capability to match or come close to the msi OC
runs cool enough even with a high OC to never worry about overheating
The msi - pros: quieter
cooler

so if you were to buy the msi youd be buying a card that dosent perform as well but stays cooler and quieter, whixh if you look it up the 560 ti is very quiet and cool to begin with

Jan4ix

Honorable
May 24, 2012

Ok.
It looks that I will go for Asus ENGTX560 Ti DC2/2DI/2GD5. Really don't want to upgrade VGA for next 3-5 years, and I think that this card would be, for me, the sweet spot regarding 2GB vram and OC options for power upgrades.
Thanks!

icathelion

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Hey no problem! That card should be able to play almost anything you want at max graphics settings for a while, then it will only be able to play the newest games down the line at only high graphics (boo lol) so then you simply buy another and sli it!

Anyway good luck in all your building endeavours!