Is it possible to rename program in "add/ remove program" ..

It is very important that I rename a program in my add/ remove program" area
of the control panel. Is this possible?
cds
2 answers Last reply
More about rename program remove program

    Yes. Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    Each sub-key represents an Add/Remove Programs entry. Select the appropriate
    entry and in the right-pane, change the text for "DisplayName" value
    accordingly.

    Example:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe
    Acrobat 5.0
    DisplayName = "Adobe Acrobat 5.0"

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "cdschmalz" <cdschmalz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It is very important that I rename a program in my add/ remove program"
    > area
    > of the control panel. Is this possible?
    > cds

    Hi,

    Yes you can and also hide it completely. To do so:
    Hide selective programs/applications listed in Add or Remove:

    Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    Local the program in question in the left pane. In the right pane, right
    click DisplayName and select rename: Add Quiet so it will read:

    QuietDisplayName. No reboot or refresh needed. Open Add or Remove - the
    listing is now gone. To revert, rename back to DisplayName.

    For more information please see line: 336 (right hand
    side):http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "cdschmalz" <cdschmalz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It is very important that I rename a program in my add/ remove program"
    > area
    > of the control panel. Is this possible?
    > cds

Configuration Control Panel Microsoft Customization Windows XP