Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxGardener

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I recently just installed a new PSU into my computer. The PSU is a SeaSonic 750w X Series and the case is the NZXT Phantom mid tower. I placed the PSU fan down so it would go through the bottom ventilation and dust filter, however it is making a girgling sound, should I face the fan up?

side note* the noise has died down some, still does it, could it just be getting warmed up? PSUs are not my thing

Solution
Probably is a bearing from the fan, put the PSU with the fan facing up and check the sound again. Or turn off the PC and stop the fan with something (I haven't tried that, so if you don't want to do that don't risk it)

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Probably is a bearing from the fan, put the PSU with the fan facing up and check the sound again. Or turn off the PC and stop the fan with something (I haven't tried that, so if you don't want to do that don't risk it)

Solution

MaxGardener

Honorable
May 5, 2012

I turned it over, not making as much noise, or as foten, still does, I think it is just the ball bearings, its has a 7 year warranty so I believe i am set if anything does go south

Status
Not open for further replies.