Closed

PSU making noise

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Fan
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 4, 2012 1:33:42 AM

I recently just installed a new PSU into my computer. The PSU is a SeaSonic 750w X Series and the case is the NZXT Phantom mid tower. I placed the PSU fan down so it would go through the bottom ventilation and dust filter, however it is making a girgling sound, should I face the fan up?

side note* the noise has died down some, still does it, could it just be getting warmed up? PSUs are not my thing

More about : psu making noise

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
December 4, 2012 1:55:16 AM

Probably is a bearing from the fan, put the PSU with the fan facing up and check the sound again. Or turn off the PC and stop the fan with something (I haven't tried that, so if you don't want to do that don't risk it)

December 4, 2012 6:53:21 PM

I will try that as soon as possible, thanks
Score
Related resources
December 17, 2012 6:26:20 PM

jrayx said:
Probably is a bearing from the fan, put the PSU with the fan facing up and check the sound again. Or turn off the PC and stop the fan with something (I haven't tried that, so if you don't want to do that don't risk it)

I turned it over, not making as much noise, or as foten, still does, I think it is just the ball bearings, its has a 7 year warranty so I believe i am set if anything does go south
Score
December 17, 2012 6:26:33 PM

Best answer selected by MaxGardener.
Score