Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 570

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 30, 2012 11:54:02 AM

I am currently upgrading my GPU and I am certain I want a GTX 570, I have looked around and I think it would be best for what I play, but I'm stuck on which one I should get, because I have found a PnY GTX 570 for £183 from Ebuyer but the cooling on it is not really that good, but I have found a Gainward GTX 570 Phantom which has much better cooling and is very slightly factory overclocked (Im not planning on overclocking because I have broken a GPU doing that before) anyway the Phantom costs £222 which is like £40 more but would it be worth it, I have a CiT Vantage x11 case which is a decent size and my CPU idles @ 33oc and my old GTX 560 Ti 448 idled at 40oc so would the better cooling be worth the £40

More about : gtx 570

a b U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 12:08:27 PM

560ti 448 to 570 will make unnoticeable upgrade.at least aim for a hd 7850,it performs similar(or better) than 570-
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-revi...
but most striking features are-
it's a newer card with 28nm technology.
runs cooler and overclocks like a dream.
very less power consumption.
will beat a 570 with good margin when overclocked.
over all a better deal.
MSi twinfrozer III has one of the best cooling and a lot of overclocking potential-
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-msi-radeon-hd-7850-t...
good luck with your choice.
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 12:31:15 PM

hellfire24 said:
560ti 448 to 570 will make unnoticeable upgrade.at least aim for a hd 7850,it performs similar(or better) than 570-
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-revi...
but most striking features are-
it's a newer card with 28nm technology.
runs cooler and overclocks like a dream.
very less power consumption.
will beat a 570 with good margin when overclocked.
over all a better deal.
MSi twinfrozer III has one of the best cooling and a lot of overclocking potential-
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-msi-radeon-hd-7850-t...
good luck with your choice.


I don't agree. GTX 570 is around 12% faster than HD 7850. Plus he gets Nvidia drivers and physx. Higher power consumption is worth it.

@OP: Your old GTX 560 Ti 448 should still be covered by warranty since it cannot be more than 6 months old. Did you try letting them replace it?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 12:57:11 PM

hardly 3 out of 10 games use Physx and i don't think that 570 is powerful enough to max out a game like batman with physx.
and i said that 7850 will beat 570 when overclocked.
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 1:22:04 PM

There's no point to compare overclocked HD 7850 vs stock GTX 570. GTX 570 overclocks very well as well.
a c 126 U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 1:33:21 PM

If your buying new (IE, no current card) then grab a HD7850, it should be roughly the same price and performs alittle better.
If your able to get a replacement GTX560Ti 448 via RMA (I assume that's the card you killed with overclocking) then consider SLI if your PC supports it.
a b U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 2:04:27 PM

Sunius said:
There's no point to compare overclocked HD 7850 vs stock GTX 570. GTX 570 overclocks very well as well.

why not?? i am damn sure 7850 is a better overclocker.
a b U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 2:29:56 PM

derblainkris said:
I am currently upgrading my GPU and I am certain I want a GTX 570, I have looked around and I think it would be best for what I play, but I'm stuck on which one I should get, because I have found a PnY GTX 570 for £183 from Ebuyer but the cooling on it is not really that good, but I have found a Gainward GTX 570 Phantom which has much better cooling and is very slightly factory overclocked (Im not planning on overclocking because I have broken a GPU doing that before) anyway the Phantom costs £222 which is like £40 more but would it be worth it, I have a CiT Vantage x11 case which is a decent size and my CPU idles @ 33oc and my old GTX 560 Ti 448 idled at 40oc so would the better cooling be worth the £40


It depends where you live - if you live in a hot country it is worth the £40. I live in a hot country so I got the Asus GTX 570 DCII.
May 30, 2012 2:32:35 PM

Yeah I had a refund on that from Dabs, and I have just gone for the EVGA GTX 570 Classified version because I found it pretty cheap, im not worried about power consumption so the 7850 was not really what I was looking at, plus if I did look at the 7870 but it was about £50 over my budget, I got the classified for £220 and the cooling on it was good. thanks for the comments though :) 
!