What hardware upgrade will give the best performance for gaming.

wasabi91

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
I was thinking about upgrading some hardware on my gaming computer I've been working on for a year now, and im trying to get some input on what piece of hardware would give the biggest performance increase in gaming for around 100-200$. Most of the games i throw at it can run smoothly but some games like crysis i feel like theres a bottleneck somewhere because it only runs around 40fps avg which is fine but it feels really choppy and not smooth.

Specs:
CPU: AMD phenom x4 965
GPU: MSI Twin 560 Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHZ
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650TX
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1.5 TB

I play at 1920x1080 resolution.

wasabi91

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

Well im not really looking to redo the whole computer and i dont want to buy a upgrade that will break my bank. I was just looking for a little input on what they think the biggest increase in performance would be from the parts i already have. A SSD a new better HDD a new cpu. I just put the price there so people have a general idea.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
huh... well you gpu is nice but yeah you should get a new cpu if you worried nothing else will reallly affect performance...

post a new thread in the graphics section and ask what the fastest card for am3+ socket it(all the cpus are below 200 because AMD is the *** for budget building)

wasabi91

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

My mobo is a AMD 3 socket type. So yeah...