How do I go back to Catalyst 12.3? 12.4 screwed up all my games...

goldenslumbers

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I recently installed (well, tried to install) Catalyst 12.4 on my computer. As mentioned in other threads, it still displays 12.3 and prompts me to update to 12.4 even though I've installed it already.

However, after I tried installing the first time, all my games are un-playable. Everything is just a bunch of geometric shapes, and the game is extremely laggy. Will trying to go back to 12.3 fix this? If so, how do I do that?

I have a 4200 HD running on a Windows 7 64-bit

goldenslumbers

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Okay... I was in the middle of uninstalling, but chickened out and cancelled in the middle since I was afraid that it woukd remove absolutely everything. Now nothing is working... Not YouTube or anything. Not even Facebook or any other website because none of the plug-ins are responding, I have to type this from my iPad because my computer froze up... If I finish uninstalling everything will all this be fixed? I'm starting to get very nervous

If you don't have the download file from when you previously installed 12.3 then download the file again before uninstalling 12.4
Then once you've completed the uninstalling process install 12.3

The uninstall process will uninstall 12.4 (the driver, catalyst control centre and a few other things like HD audio if you selected it in the install process.)

goldenslumbers

Honorable
May 30, 2012

I install all my updates through the catalyst center, so I don't have the file, but where do I find it or download it? I don't even think I can go to download it anymore anyways since my Internet is not working...

Flareside

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Finish the uninstall and then go get the 12.3 drivers from AMDs site. just go through the drop downs for the driver and when you get to the download page there will be a link on the right side labeled previous drivers and software. This will give you links to all the previous versions of the driver.

Flare

You should still be able to access the internet, you may not be able to use flash based software or watch videos for the time being as I believe they use AMD's hardware acceleration technology (which has now been uninstalled)

I would check (like it advices in the guide) in the control panel under programs and features to make sure all AMD software has been removed before installing 12.3

Here's a link: http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Catalyst-12.3-WHQL-64-bit-download-2892.html

goldenslumbers

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Okay thanks
Everything is back to working order!