I've never liked desktop icons, I just use the start menu. Somehow I made
them invisable (I think they are there I just can't see them) However every
once in a while I get a hair up my butt and want to change the look of my
computer, so now I want them back. What did I do and how do I get them back?

Thanks C

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've never liked desktop icons, I just use the start menu. Somehow I made
> them invisable (I think they are there I just can't see them) However
> every
> once in a while I get a hair up my butt and want to change the look of my
> computer, so now I want them back. What did I do and how do I get them
> back?
>
> Thanks C

Thanks a lot. That was too easy. Have a great day!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've never liked desktop icons, I just use the start menu. Somehow I made
> > them invisable (I think they are there I just can't see them) However
> > every
> > once in a while I get a hair up my butt and want to change the look of my
> > computer, so now I want them back. What did I do and how do I get them
> > back?
> >
> > Thanks C

You're very welcome :)

--

> Thanks a lot. That was too easy. Have a great day!
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330170/EN-US/
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've never liked desktop icons, I just use the start menu. Somehow I
>> > made
>> > them invisable (I think they are there I just can't see them) However
>> > every
>> > once in a while I get a hair up my butt and want to change the look of
>> > my
>> > computer, so now I want them back. What did I do and how do I get them
>> > back?
>> >
>> > Thanks C

kelly

Hi,

Right click the Desktop/Arrange Icons By/Show Desktop Icons. If this
doesn't apply to your case, please post back and good luck!

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)