Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bad ram? Bad graphics card?

Last response: in Systems
July 23, 2012 2:49:20 AM

Hey everyone,

I just recently got a build from ibuypower and have had 3 problems and I think that they can be boiled down to the ram or the graphics card but I can't tell. Here's the issues:

-not often but sometimes it restarts on it's own.

-The graphics card doesn't read the temperature and says it's 0 degrees Celsius so when it starts the fan it's at 100% speed (crazy loud) but otherwise the card is working fine it seems. The temp usually comes back after the random crashes, but eventually it just 'looses' the temp again and goes back to 100%

-the mouse recently has started to jump, unplug it then plug it in again and it works for 1 minute and eventually it gets jumpy again and eventually doesn't move anymore. I've tested the mouse on another computer and set the receiver even farther away than my computer was, so its not the battery/distance.

I've talked to iBuypower over the phone a few times and they said they'd replace anything basically I just need to know what to replace.

TL;DR: gpu is at 0 degrees, mouse jumps as times goes on, sometimes crashes.

If anyone can help it would be really really appreciated,
and thanks for your time.

-----------

here's my specs:
Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gaming Case - Arctic White
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7-3770K
Processor Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
Memory: 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970 - 3GB - Single Card
Motherboard: [SLI] ASRock Z77 Extreme6 -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0
Primary Hard Drive: 1 TB WD VelociRaptor HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 10000 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Full system spec

If you need anything beyond this list I'll provide it.
July 23, 2012 4:45:39 AM

Look as far as i can say if you using windows xp then reinstall it as it happens to me also!!!! And if you are using windows 7 then replace your mouse or buy a mouse with USB connecter. You says that your GPU is at 0 degree's check if your graphic card is properly inserted into the slot and install the latest drivers. That as far as i can help!!!!
m
l

Best solution

July 23, 2012 9:37:48 AM

Are you sure you placed everything properly and in the right place? Maybe you didnt install the correct drivers. Try testing each of the RAM sticks. Maybe your mouse has a problem. XD GL with that anyways. :) 
Related resources
July 30, 2012 4:04:08 AM

thanks for the reply's and you may be correct Nw333 but I decided to just send it all back to ibuypower and get them to fix it, and I did try pulling out each mem stick to see if that was the problem but it didn't do anything (by that I mean the problem persisted in each stick).

Anyway, thanks for your help! We'll see how it is when it gets back!
m
l
August 2, 2012 12:37:22 AM

Best answer selected by red_leaf.
m
l
!