Sign in with
Your question

Catalyst 12.4 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 30, 2012 3:51:01 PM

Hey guys i knw there are many threads regarding this problem but i did not find answer in any of those thread

My question is i recently bought an sapphire hd6850 it came up with 12.1 driver in installed it now when i tried to update it to 12.4 which i already did and it showed that its has sucessfully installed my ccc is not showing 12.4 version i remeber reading one thread where they said that it probably is a bug so does that mean my system is running a 12.4 version or should i try to update to 12.3

and when is 12.5 version releasing? and will amd resolve these bug?

Thanks in advance :)  and my apologies to the moderators of this community to make one more post about this issue :) 

More about : catalyst problem

a b U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 3:58:58 PM

12.5 is releasing in a few days. This may just be a bug, to be sure follow these steps:

1) uninstall all AMD drivers by using the uninstall utility provided by AMD in your control panel.
2) restart your pc in safe mode
3) use a program such as driver sweeper or equivelent to remove all traces of AMD drivers.
4) Plug out your internet
5) Restart PC, disable all firewall's and anti virus
6) install the 12.4 driver

Alternatively wait a few days for 12.5, I'm still running 12.3 because of some issues I had with 4.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 30, 2012 5:02:17 PM

I am running 12.4 with similar problems. I would just wait till 12.5 to come out. might be your best bet.

If it does not work with 12.5 then you would want to revert back to 12.3.
m
l
!