Windows 7 call of duty issues

bscott85

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Hey I was wondering if anyone here could help me. My friend and I like to play the Call of Duty: World at War Nazi Zombies Co-op game. We've played together 100s of times and never had any problems until recently. Whenever we join each others games, we get a ping close to 999 with basically 100% packetloss and its unplayable. Also when we try to ping each others IP address it times out. This has never been the case before. 2 things have changed since we last played without problems.

1. I changed from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
2. I got a new router (however, I have tried plugging directly into modem and we still have the same issue.
So the culprit seems to be windows 7. Why, when directly connected to modem is my IP unpingable?

any ideas on why win7 would do this? ive allowed everything through the windows firewall.

im frustrated

bscott85

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
please just go back and read my post again

WEVE CONNECTED TO EACH OTHER JUST FINE IN THE PAST

but since i got windows 7 we cant really connect to each other whether i host or he does

bscott85

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
its world at war not mw2

and the co-op part( i guess u guys never played this) is locally hosting only, only choices are he hosts or i host, and it WORKED FINE in the past, just wont let us play since i got win7

N@n0

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Hi, as eagles said, sub-net mask is a major issue in World at war, has always been.

I saw you mentioned that you could not ping eachother, this seems to point to a firewall issue.
Maybe the firewall exception wasn't added correctly for the game, easiest way to test this is to disable your firewall and try a game(risky i know).

Also have you checked you new routers firewall settings?

bscott85

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
ok heres something i tried that seemed to work (but dont know if it was a coincidence)

i got rid of the static ip on the network for my comp and went with dynamic and we were able to play just fine

but im wondering if maybe we were just experiencing wierd routing issues?

because that would not explain how we were still not able to play when i bypassed the router and plugged str8 into the modem

TRENDING THREADS