Enermax psu users--please help

G

Hi, I got my enermax 350w this afternoon, and I'm wondering if it's normal for this thing to make an "electrical sound" when the breaker in the back is closed. It's not a humming...it's more like

oh boy aint this gonna be fun to describe..

it sounds kind of like clicking. not clicking like your mouse...man I'm messing this up aint I? It's not a constant "mmmmmm" it's like "mm mm mm mm" really fast.

Aside from trying to record it, I'm afraid for myself that that's the best I can do to describe it. I would very, very much appreciate anyone that owns an Enermax PSU to listen to it closely to see if it makes a noise that you might be able to interpret as being comparable to what I'm trying to describe. You'd most likely not be able to detect the noise when your computer is on, so it would probably be most noticable before you hit your power switch.

It's just that I can't imagine myself missing something like this with my previous power supplies. Maybe I really did just miss it, maybe it's an Enermax thing, or maybe it's shorting. Hopefully someone out there knows.

As always, thanks to everyone for their continued support.

Down with bloatware!
Proud user of <b>ICQ98A</b>

G

could be a relay. could be the fan. If you aren't suffering crashes from reduced power and it isn't overheating, I really wouldn't worry about it.

This parachute is guaranteed for the life of the user...

G

So you <i>are</i> saying that my psu has something wrong with it, right? You shouldn't hear a faint electrical noise when you put your ear to it, of any kind?

Down with bloatware!

G

please reply. it's very important that i do not have a damaged component powering my syster =0

for all of you enermax users, which seems to be a majority of you, please take the time to listen for some kind of noise coming from your power supply with the computer off. you will need to remove a panel to put your ear to it.

i would email enermax to ask, but they seem to be even more lacking on support than ati. at least ati _lets_ you email them.

please..

Down with bloatware!

dhlucke

Polypheme
You can only hear it with your ear up to it? Why is your ear up to your power supply? I'm actually not trying to be funny, but I'm wondering how far away you can be and still hear it.

<font color=red>Change the sig of the week!</font color=red>

G

I was just doing my Paranoia Check since I had such a horrendous experience with (oh, all) of my previous computer's hardware, when I noticed it.

I cannot hear it if I don't put my ear to it. My system's running fine, but ya know, just want to make sure everything's in order.

Thanks

Down with bloatware!

G

No I didn't say something was wrong with your psu. It could be your fan (might speed up or slow down to compensate for draw). If you aren't having any problems, don't worry about it.

This parachute is guaranteed for the life of the user...