The word "Address" next to address bar is too large, how t..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The font in the word "Address" next to the address bar is too large, and has mysteriously changed to be the same size font as the font of the word "Start" within the start button, which itself is a little larger than normal. But the font of the word address is tremendously larger than normal. How do I reduce the word address? I'd like to fix the font for the word start, however, most important to me is to get the font for the word "address" back to normal. Any help would be appreciated very much, because now that the font of the word address is larger, it reduces the space available for the tool bar.
7 answers Last reply
More about word address address large
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:03:39 -0400, Lee wrote:

    > The font in the word "Address" next to the address bar is too large, and
    > has mysteriously changed to be the same size font as the font of the
    > word "Start" within the start button, which itself is a little larger
    > than normal. But the font of the word address is tremendously larger
    > than normal. How do I reduce the word address? I'd like to fix the font
    > for the word start, however, most important to me is to get the font for
    > the word "address" back to normal. Any help would be appreciated very
    > much, because now that the font of the word address is larger, it
    > reduces the space available for the tool bar.

    Do you need the word there at all? If no, right click on the toolbar and
    click to remove check next to "show title."

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thanks, Sharon. I don't need the word there, if you are referring to "address". However, I have right clicked on the tool bar over and over and see no "show title" to uncheck. Plus, I have a search toolbar, formerly with title letters as small as the letters in "address" used to be, and now with the same very large letters that "address" now has. Maybe the fact that the title off the search bar is also equally large will give a hint as to the problem. By the way, I have had the search bar on my computer for years with not a bit of this problem, so I know that is not the problem. Anyway, maybe I have misunderstood you.

    "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message news:ejql2WxPFHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:03:39 -0400, Lee wrote:
    >
    >> The font in the word "Address" next to the address bar is too large, and
    >> has mysteriously changed to be the same size font as the font of the
    >> word "Start" within the start button, which itself is a little larger
    >> than normal. But the font of the word address is tremendously larger
    >> than normal. How do I reduce the word address? I'd like to fix the font
    >> for the word start, however, most important to me is to get the font for
    >> the word "address" back to normal. Any help would be appreciated very
    >> much, because now that the font of the word address is larger, it
    >> reduces the space available for the tool bar.
    >
    > Do you need the word there at all? If no, right click on the toolbar and
    > click to remove check next to "show title."
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:01:12 -0400, Lee wrote:

    > Thanks, Sharon. I don't need the word there, if you are referring to
    > "address". However, I have right clicked on the tool bar over and over
    > and see no "show title" to uncheck. Plus, I have a search toolbar,
    > formerly with title letters as small as the letters in "address" used to
    > be, and now with the same very large letters that "address" now has.
    > Maybe the fact that the title off the search bar is also equally large
    > will give a hint as to the problem. By the way, I have had the search
    > bar on my computer for years with not a bit of this problem, so I know
    > that is not the problem. Anyway, maybe I have misunderstood you.

    Hi, Lee. I tried those steps before posting them and used the built-in
    address toolbar: right click taskbar> Toolbars> Address. Then right click
    within the toolbar (avoid the text input area). "Show title" is the first
    option in the context menu that appears.

    Other ideas:

    Are other portions of your taskbar larger than they used to be as well?
    Adjusting some of the icon items in Display> Appearance> Advanced can
    change the font size in various areas of the taskbar. Also, just checking
    out the accessibility wizard can change some things it shouldn't.
    Resolution is to reset your theme: select a different theme, apply. Then
    select your desired scheme. Example: switch to Windows (classic) -
    Standard. Then back to Windows XP theme.

    MVP Kelly Theriot has a .vbs file (visual basic script) on her site that
    will make the alterations in the registry that the above steps accomplish
    and restore any default values that are messed up in the registry:

    164. Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality

    or try her "Taskbar Plus!" program. The freeware version repairs and
    manages taskbar basics. The shareware version has some nice extra fixes and
    customizations:

    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Sharon,

    I changed the themes and that fixed everything! Thanks!!

    "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message news:%23F8OtZ1PFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:01:12 -0400, Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, Sharon. I don't need the word there, if you are referring to
    >> "address". However, I have right clicked on the tool bar over and over
    >> and see no "show title" to uncheck. Plus, I have a search toolbar,
    >> formerly with title letters as small as the letters in "address" used to
    >> be, and now with the same very large letters that "address" now has.
    >> Maybe the fact that the title off the search bar is also equally large
    >> will give a hint as to the problem. By the way, I have had the search
    >> bar on my computer for years with not a bit of this problem, so I know
    >> that is not the problem. Anyway, maybe I have misunderstood you.
    >
    > Hi, Lee. I tried those steps before posting them and used the built-in
    > address toolbar: right click taskbar> Toolbars> Address. Then right click
    > within the toolbar (avoid the text input area). "Show title" is the first
    > option in the context menu that appears.
    >
    > Other ideas:
    >
    > Are other portions of your taskbar larger than they used to be as well?
    > Adjusting some of the icon items in Display> Appearance> Advanced can
    > change the font size in various areas of the taskbar. Also, just checking
    > out the accessibility wizard can change some things it shouldn't.
    > Resolution is to reset your theme: select a different theme, apply. Then
    > select your desired scheme. Example: switch to Windows (classic) -
    > Standard. Then back to Windows XP theme.
    >
    > MVP Kelly Theriot has a .vbs file (visual basic script) on her site that
    > will make the alterations in the registry that the above steps accomplish
    > and restore any default values that are messed up in the registry:

    > 164. Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality
    >
    > or try her "Taskbar Plus!" program. The freeware version repairs and
    > manages taskbar basics. The shareware version has some nice extra fixes and
    > customizations:

    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:29:26 -0400, Lee wrote:

    > Sharon,
    >
    > I changed the themes and that fixed everything! Thanks!!

    You're welcome, Lee and thanks for the feedback about what fixed the issue
    for you.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Sharon, just so you know, I did use the accessability wizard. Maybe that is feedback that will help you. Thanks again!

    "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message news:er2dn27PFHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:29:26 -0400, Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Sharon,
    >>
    >> I changed the themes and that fixed everything! Thanks!!
    >
    > You're welcome, Lee and thanks for the feedback about what fixed the issue
    > for you.
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi Lee,

    This is common. If you have any settings made via Accessibility Options,
    revert them. Either way, go to Themes and set it to Windows XP. All should
    go well from there. Good luck!

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Lee" <nogood@excite.com> wrote in message
    The font in the word "Address" next to the address bar is too large, and has
    mysteriously changed to be the same size font as the font of the word
    "Start" within the start button, which itself is a little larger than
    normal. But the font of the word address is tremendously larger than normal.
    How do I reduce the word address? I'd like to fix the font for the word
    start, however, most important to me is to get the font for the word
    "address" back to normal. Any help would be appreciated very much, because
    now that the font of the word address is larger, it reduces the space
    available for the tool bar.

Configuration Font Browsers Microsoft Customization Windows XP