Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia Quadro Fx 1800 DP Problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 30, 2012 5:38:02 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble connecting my 2nd screen to one of my display ports. Now i'm no tech at all so go easy on me. haha. I'm trying to get one screen to work on DVI and one on DP. But everytime I plug in in the 2nd monitor to DP it cuts the connection to my first screen which is running through DVI. So for whatever reason I cannot setup my 2nd screen. Is this normal behavior for DP? Now for my connection is super crazy. It goes from VGA-DVI-DP and all those adapter stick out like 4 inches lol. At first I thought it was my DVI-DP adapter but I have two of them that I both tried with no success, so to me it would be hard to get two bad parts. So is there something wrong with my quadro? I have absolutely no expierence with DP so it could be something that I'm doing wrong. I can't setup two screens through the display because if I have both plugged in then both of my screens go black. All of my drivers are up to date so I really have no direction to go in. Any ideas? Sorry again for my noobness with dual monitors.

Thanks in advance!

~Rsdevour

More about : nvidia quadro 1800 problems

a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2012 5:47:43 PM

Start with basic info. What video outputs does your video card have and what video inputs do your monitors have?

Is there a reason you use so many adapters? It could very well be your problem.

Thirdly, the dvi connector might share the connection port with DP and might not work at the same time. Did you try other output of the video card (considering most video cards have 3 or more outputs).
Score
May 30, 2012 6:03:11 PM

Sunius said:
Start with basic info. What video outputs does your video card have and what video inputs do your monitors have?

Is there a reason you use so many adapters? It could very well be your problem.

Thirdly, the dvi connector might share the connection port with DP and might not work at the same time. Did you try other output of the video card (considering most video cards have 3 or more outputs).

Thanks for responding! :D  Ok on the Quadro 1800 it has 1 DVI output and 2 DP's. My monitors have 1 VGA and 1 DVI slot inputs. Now that i'm looking at the monitor I could probably just get some DVI-DVI cables which eliminates the need for the VGA. So then all I would need is one DP adapter. But is it normal for your DVI monitor to go black when plugging in a spare monitor through a DP connection? :??: 
Score
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2012 6:09:43 PM

Not really, but one of your DP connection might be sharing data with the DVI port. Did you try another DP connection (preferable the one which is further away from the DVI port).
Score
May 30, 2012 6:13:52 PM

Yeah unfortunately due to the size of the DVI-DP adapter it only allows me to get the DP slot further away then the DVI slot. I'm not able to plug into the one right next to the DVI slot. Is there any setting that i'm missing? I'm just hoping that I don't need to buy another card. I know that 1800's can run dual monitors though :heink: 

Thanks again for all of your help! it's really appreciated.
Score

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2012 6:33:10 PM

You should really try it without all those big adapters... It might be the case that all those adapters makes the signal weaker than what the monitor requires.
May 30, 2012 6:36:19 PM

Ahh gotcha! I'll give it a shot and see what happens
Score
a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2012 6:37:35 PM

Okay, remember to tell us about the results?
Score
May 30, 2012 6:42:27 PM

Will do might be a little bit gonna run to the store to pick up some cables. I'll be sure to post the results on here when im done. :D 
Score
a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2012 6:47:48 PM

By the way, do both monitors work on their own?
Score
May 30, 2012 7:05:08 PM

Yes they do. And you were right about all the adapters. It couldnt work with all three of them going at once. I just ran a DVI-DP and now I have both displayed. Thanks so much Sunius! Your awesome! Saved me tons and tons of frustration! :D .
Score
May 30, 2012 7:07:24 PM

Best answer selected by Rsdevour.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
May 30, 2012 7:12:59 PM

Glad I could help! :) 
Score
a c 172 Î Nvidia
May 30, 2012 8:07:28 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score