GTX 680 Gettting tooo Hot know joke.....

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Hi I have two GTX 680's they are running to Hot I think at idle first GPU temp is 69c other is 67-8 when I start to play they reach around 71c maybe higher. Ive seen they should be around 40 on idel right I have a 200mm fan right next to them so maybe it need to go fast lol. Can someone Help me please. :)

You are correct, the GPU's should idle a lot lower then 69C. Make sure the heat sink is installed correctly if you have changed it. Secondly make sure there is good enough air flow in the case.

Those temps are fine.

1 card will definitely be hotter than the other (top one).

You could try manually adjusting the fan speed of the top GPU to keep it cooler.

Edit: My bad, didn't realize those were idle temps. Are you sure thats idle temp? What exact temp does your card get to after playing?

If you have more than one monitor connected to a graphics card it uses a higher power state, and so runs at a higher clock and voltage causing higher temps.

71C is not extremely high while playing. Are you manually controlling your GPU fans?

At any rate, max temp is 98C for that card. Many things can affect your temps especially if you are using a motherboard by which there is no space between your two cards. In that situation, they're always going to run hotter.

71C is nothing to worry about.

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/sdsadogl.jpg/

Just curious... Why are you using the 3-way SLI connector on your 2-way SLI setup?

Looks like you have decent space between the cards and a good amount of fans. Are you using any software to control the fans on the GPUS?

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Sorry Im using a 2way sli now im not using any software for the fans, But im using speedfan but not sure how to use it

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
monitor gpu temps on one monitor and play on the other (or run furmark). If your temps only go 2-3 C higher under load, I think we can rule out resetting the heat sink. have you tried other monitoring programs (or even feeling the exhaust)?

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

okay when Idle they are 68 or something when I play A game Like need for speed, batman, BF3 it is like 70 why is the idle Temp so high...? sorry I do not understand resetting the Heat sink?? Its the Graphics card not the CPU. I dont think the monitors Have anything to do with the Graphic cards, When I touch the cards they are Hot.

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Omg It is I would never of thought it would be the monitors, How come using two monitors the temp goes so high right idle temp is like below 50, so playing games will be low aswell. Is there anything I can do to stop it over heating like that when using 2 monitors??

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
on my other card though it still 67

so the top card is 45 atm
the bottom is 67 wtf

How come one is very hot and one is normal

Either the cards are not coming out of their high clock mode into idle clock settings, or your fan profiles are set to operate at too low a setting when idling. With to monitors, you should expect the card with the monitors to be around 45-50C.

erunion

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

Looking at your picture, looks like your bottom card is touching your power supply!

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Nope there is enough space between them.

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

How do I set the fan speeds on the cards? (BIOS) or something els

Curtis2400

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Okay I downloaded GPU tweak and increased the fan % Im getting 35c on both cards on idle with 1 monitor. I Have not tried 2 monitors yet But everything seems to be running normal I guess,

Thanks everyone for there help :)

Well I did tell you earlier and explain why.... don't know why I bother sometimes...