Sign in with
Your question

Bottleneck

Last response: in CPUs
December 4, 2012 5:10:10 AM

Will Intel Celeron G540 2.5 GHz bottleneck my GTX 550 Ti?

More about : bottleneck

December 6, 2012 1:12:46 PM

I have a strong hunch that it will bottleneck. I guess you could get a cheaper card or a better processor. (Atleast from the AMD Bulldozer or Intel i3 and above)
January 15, 2013 12:40:26 PM

mihir94 said:
I have a strong hunch that it will bottleneck. I guess you could get a cheaper card or a better processor. (Atleast from the AMD Bulldozer or Intel i3 and above)

Well I already have that card I need just a new CPU but I don't have money for i3.
Related resources
January 15, 2013 10:28:24 PM

I'm sorry but I did not have good experience with Celeron™. You can get the Core2Duo for as low as $70
January 16, 2013 1:05:18 PM

mycutefairy said:
I'm sorry but I did not have good experience with Celeron™. You can get the Core2Duo for as low as $70

Can you tell me what wad your experience with the Celeron?
January 16, 2013 7:51:04 PM

Well, I was using CS6 for photo editing and a few games like NBA 2k12 and assassin's creed 2. I had the HD 6850 and 8 GB ram.

Celeron would often freezes up( CPU loads about 90 percent). I have random BSOD while installing Adobe and VB and guess what? When I replaced my CPU, ALl the problems just isn't there anymore..Although it took awhile for me to isolate the problem with the CPU.

Also, Celeron is Painfully slow. I mean really. .and that's the main issue. It's like clock speeds stated on the box is non-existent. Well, buttom line is, Celeron is like the "bench player" of Intel. Better get the any Flagship processor from AMD or Intel rather than settling for a substandard Celeron

I could have a bad processor but hey, I did not have any problem with Core2Duo or Core2Quad and now, i5
!