rayner428

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I Wanted An Quad Core Processor Based Off The Ivy Bridge Architecture In 22 Nanometers While I Have An Option To Choose A Processor Based On The Sandy Bridge Architecture On A Different Nanometer Base And Both Will Be Supported By An LGA1155 Motherboard As Though Sandy Bridge Includes A Model With Six Cores And Twelve Threads I Personally Choose Ivy Bridge For Its Tri-Gate Transistors

Do you plan to overclock? Do you even got a MOBO that will let you overclock? Do you got a wide enough budget to also get a decent cooler?

Well, most people just buy the k-version of the CPUs, but never overclock. That is a complete waste.

If you will be overclocking then ofc go with the i5-3570k, if not then got for the i5-3570 (non-k) or even a i5-3470 would do the thing just fine. You will only see the difference with overclocking if you have a really high-end GPU. So keep that in mind too.

rayner428

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
And You Should Check This Thread Out It Will Help Because Im Seeking Opinions On Good Proccessors And The Compatibility On My Parts GPU Is GTX660ti So Yeah I Think It's Potential Will Be Reached

Oh And Im Planning On An OC I Even Got Some Liquid Nitrogen Shipped To My Door But The CPU Wont Freeze Up Because On My Mobo There's An LN2 Mode Button

I assume you got a regular 1080p monitor with 60 hz.

So I don't know why you would overclock a CPU so high for any other reason than bragging. You won't see any major difference.

rayner428

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I Don't Have A Monitor Yet But Im Also Gonna Get My LCD 24" IPS Panel 120Hz Refresh Rate With DisplayPort HDMI DVI So Um I Think We Should Do Some OC Im About To Do Some OC For Gaming

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
First, calm down.

Second, a faster GPU is better than an i7. In other words, save the money from getting an i7, get the i5 and put the money into a better GPU 670/680. Far better gaming performance.

Third, if you haven't done it before, forget about cooling your CPU with Liquid Nitrogen. Especially since it's not a permanent solution, but a show off for a couple of minutes at best. No one cares. It's more likely that you break your stuff, instead of getting anything out of it.

Fourth, there is an edit button for your posts, the quick edit definitely works.

rayner428

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
i5 3570 without k And Then GPU GTX 680 I Think Will Be Fast Just As i7 But Graphics On GTX 660ti is Slower Than The 680 Thanks For The Tip. :)

rayner428

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Gigabyte Sure Does Lots of marketing Like Their Ultra Durable Technology And What Else Even PowIRstage 3550 Chips Replacing High-Side Mosfets And 7 Fan Connectors Well Thanks Ceee9 :)

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012

Sheesh... I remember the days when 4.5Ghz was a big deal... lol... I remember it like it was yesterday's tech... Oh wait... It was! You kid's and your crazy overclocks ;)