New sub $2000 gaming PC build questions

whtevrdude

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date:
This week or next

Budget Range:
Preferably below $2000 for everything (including dual monitors, keyboard, etc.)

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Gaming > surfing the interwebs

Are you buying a monitor:
Yes, preferably 2 but I am open to suggestions

Parts to Upgrade:
Clean slate

Do you need to buy OS:
No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
Amazon Prime trial membership means free 2-day shipping, other than that it doesn't really matter

Sacramento, California, United States of America

Parts Preferences:
Intel CPU, Nvidia GPU

Overclocking:
Maybe

SLI or Crossfire:
Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution:
Hoping to buy monitors with 1920x1080 or better

Additional Comments:
Games I currently run: WoW, Diablo3, Starcraft2, all the glory of Steam
Games I want to play: all of them at as close to max graphics as possible for at least a year or two

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:
It's been over 6 years since I've owned a PC, I've been on a couple MacBook Pros since I was a freshman in college. It's time.

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do not post only links.

I came up with this build after researching a little bit on the forums and asking around:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cNWQ

Please tell me what you think. Is there anything that I should add/remove/replace? Will this be able to run the majority of games on high graphics?

I am always jealous of how much you American's have things cheap. In Australia, a rig like that would be 2 and a half grand...

Anyway, enough grumbling.
The rig looks perfect, only thing I can see is changing to Low Profile RAM in case you want to upgrade to 16GB. G.Skill Ares or Corsair Vengeance Low Profile are the kits to get.

You havent selected a mouse and you seem to indicate you need one. The Razer Deathadder is great mouse, I have one personally and its the best I'v had. You can even get left hand versions if your so inclined.

Razer Deathadder. $42 (The thing cost me $55...)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153055

PCBEater

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
A good board and Power supply are must's looks like you did your research, If nothing else is brand new the PSU and motherboard should be when spending that much money. I would also recommend ASUS monitors as they are also popular.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: TUNIQ Tower 120 Extreme 90.7 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card ($477.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Nine Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1839.41
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-07-23 09:51 EDT-0400)

Buying it all from newegg will increase the price a lot on Troll's build, but it will still be cheaper than bigcyco's. I'd say that since bigcyco's build is mostly MIRs, and since those rarely work out, Troll's build will be a better bet. Just my opinion though, so don't take it as hatred. :p