Sign in with
Your question

HP Pavilion Slimline s3507c Desktop PC Video Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 30, 2012 11:36:44 PM

The integrated graphics card stopped working on this computer and I was wondering what video card would be compatible with it if I were to purchase one instead of replacing the motherboard?

Here is a link to the specifications:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

I'm thinking I would be able to purchase a separate video card to put in the empty expansion slot. Would this work and would I need to disable the integrated graphics card because it does not work anymore?
May 31, 2012 12:10:30 AM

It is definitely not for gaming. It is just a computer I am repairing that has the integrated graphics card not working and it has an empty expansion slot.

I just wasn't sure if it had any compatibility issues with a separate graphics card being installed over the integrated one.
m
l
a c 177 U Graphics card
May 31, 2012 12:56:16 AM

A 6450 or 5450 would be a better choice at the same price, new. Not to mention they also use less power while performing better. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... This is also cheaper after rebate.

The cpu isn't "really really crap." With a decent card it'll play any non cpu intensive game on high like crysis 2.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2012 2:55:12 AM

Yep if you only want to display, just get a 6450. The one K1114 posted will be trash for any gaming with its 32-bit RAM, but who cares if its just a basic computer?
m
l
June 16, 2012 7:28:30 PM

chacol said:
It is definitely not for gaming. It is just a computer I am repairing that has the integrated graphics card not working and it has an empty expansion slot.

I just wasn't sure if it had any compatibility issues with a separate graphics card being installed over the integrated one.

i doubt that a card will fix your problem. usually bad invidia chip on motherboard and cards need signal from this chip,
usually only board replacement will work. sorry
m
l
!