I am Horde...I am not supposed to feel bad...

BUT....

On Saturday I was questing in the Barrens near XR and getting my
skinning up at the same time. There are these packs of Antelope type
animals that run around in packs consisting of Adulta nnd usually a
baby. Since I was getting my skinning up and I decided to take them
down for their hide.

I took down all the Adults, but to my suprise thw Baby took off across
the Barrens like a bat out of hell. I have never seen a creature in WoW
move that fast ever. I couldnt help but feel bad that this poor little
guy was probally scared and now had no parents and was all alone :(

It must be my age that is making me such a wimp....LOL

If it makes you feel any better the parents will respawn in a few
minutes and the happy family will be reunited and soon be bounding
joyfully again, munching on grass and Peaceblooms, headlong into
certain doom again. Death is so ... impermanent in our world. For us
and the little things.

For me fair game as a hunter was anything willing to attack me first.
(I felt a little bad about the stags in Ashenvale and Stonetalon Peak,
but quickly put that aside being a Hunter. What else would I be
hunting? Elves eat meat too.)

> Owned

That made me laugh so hard I alomost feel out of my chair :)

Owned

"nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> BUT....
>
> On Saturday I was questing in the Barrens near XR and getting my
> skinning up at the same time. There are these packs of Antelope type
> animals that run around in packs consisting of Adulta nnd usually a
> baby. Since I was getting my skinning up and I decided to take them
> down for their hide.
>
> I took down all the Adults, but to my suprise thw Baby took off across
> the Barrens like a bat out of hell. I have never seen a creature in WoW
> move that fast ever. I couldnt help but feel bad that this poor little
> guy was probally scared and now had no parents and was all alone :(
>
> It must be my age that is making me such a wimp....LOL

I do feel bad.....

I was camping/grinding winterspring in the hope I would meet Rak'Shiri
and offer it a place in my stable ( NE Hunter ).

When all of the sudden I saw a lvl 60 elite tiger underneath the rock.

In my excitement I didn't see the 4 horde player grouping at some
distance. Layed down a freezing trap and started taiming.

When it was tame i spent some time feeding it to at least make it happy.

Just when I wanted to head to Everlook the horde players chased me and
started cursing, shoo-ing and what not.

Immediately I knew I did something not zo nice. Looked up all elite
panthers right away and saw that it had to be Shy'Rotam because
Rak'Shiri is about lvl 57. Man were my feelings mixed about this one. I
feel sorry for the guys who were grouping, waiting to attack etc. Really
feel guilty. So I waited some while.

The next day they were there again and I tried to tell them that I was
sorry. After they knew I wasn't gonna do it again they summoned
Shy'Rotam. I helped them out defeating Shy and Sian.

On the other note: After 8 days Shy'Rotam is still not gaining loyalty.
I feed it constantly every day. Guess she's a tough nut to crack.

"nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> BUT....
>
> On Saturday I was questing in the Barrens near XR and getting my
> skinning up at the same time. There are these packs of Antelope type
> animals that run around in packs consisting of Adulta nnd usually a
> baby. Since I was getting my skinning up and I decided to take them
> down for their hide.
>
> I took down all the Adults, but to my suprise thw Baby took off across
> the Barrens like a bat out of hell. I have never seen a creature in WoW
> move that fast ever. I couldnt help but feel bad that this poor little
> guy was probally scared and now had no parents and was all alone :(
>
> It must be my age that is making me such a wimp....LOL

My 5-year-old son polices me. He likes to watch me play, but any time I
move to kill a rabbit, deer, whatever, to do my leatherworking, he says,
aghast, "No, Daddy! You can't kill that! He has a heart, and he loves his
whole family!"

Don't fall into the usual thinking... Horde is not the same as "evil".
There are honorable and 'good' horde people just as there are 'evil'
alliance characters.
So it's ok for you to feel bad being a 'Horde'

Instead of "good" or "evil", I tend to think in terms of "honorable" or
"dishonorable".
I rarely, if ever, attack hordies a certain number of levels below me or if
they are my level but fighting a mob. That is the kind of thing that defines
"honorable" for ME.
I would dig a system where races do not determine what "side" you are on and
the two sides, instead of "good/evil" or "alliance/horde" would be
"order/chaos". I'd choose chaos.
--
Munk, 55 Druid Night Elf, Laughing Skull

Scotter wrote:
> Instead of "good" or "evil", I tend to think in terms of "honorable"
> or "dishonorable".

Even that's not quite right. I'd say "Hatfields and McCoy's" would be
better. Two factions fighting for dominance. No more, no less.

Yeah I see what you are saying as far as an analog to "horde" and
"alliance". And I like your idea of factions that have no good/evil
connotations. Just differences.

I'm talking about replacement for "good" and "evil" (rather than
horde/alliance) where BOTH can apply to horde and both to alliance. Like you
can be an honorable hordie, dishonorable hordie, honorable alliance,
dishonorable alliance.

--
Munk 55 druid

In article <RSfue.48576$j51.45183@tornado.texas.rr.com>, Scotter
<spam@spam.com> wrote:

> I would dig a system where races do not determine what "side" you are on and
> the two sides, instead of "good/evil" or "alliance/horde" would be
> "order/chaos". I'd choose chaos.

Why? Your whole post is about having a sense of honour, of *not* acting
chaotically, but having a sense of what's right. I'd put you firmly in
the 'Order' camp on that one, and the Gankers in the 'Chaos' camp.

___
Neil
aka HighVis

"Order" is not necessarily good or honorable.
"Chaos" is not necessarily evil or dishonorable.
They are both extremes, sure, and depending on other factors, can mean many
things.

Ha! Remember D&D? Lawful (?order?) Good, Chaotic Good, Neutral Good,
Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil, Lawful Evil.

And "honor" can be a very subjective term, too. What is honorable to me may
not be what is honorable to you. What is honorable to a Lawful Evil person
may be entirely different than what honor means to a chaotic good person ...
or may be identical!

--
Munk

"Neil Jones" <neil@designumbrella.com> wrote in message
> In article <RSfue.48576$j51.45183@tornado.texas.rr.com>, Scotter
> <spam@spam.com> wrote:
>
>> I would dig a system where races do not determine what "side" you are on
>> and
>> the two sides, instead of "good/evil" or "alliance/horde" would be
>> "order/chaos". I'd choose chaos.
>
> Why? Your whole post is about having a sense of honour, of *not* acting
> chaotically, but having a sense of what's right. I'd put you firmly in
> the 'Order' camp on that one, and the Gankers in the 'Chaos' camp.
>
> ___
> Neil
> aka HighVis

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:38:40 GMT, "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> scribed into
the ether:

>"Order" is not necessarily good or honorable.
>"Chaos" is not necessarily evil or dishonorable.
>They are both extremes, sure, and depending on other factors, can mean many
>things.

If you doubt this, play Ultima 7, Part 2.

Ah, heh. Did you ever play Ultima Online and get a Chaos or Order Shield?

--
Munk

"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:38:40 GMT, "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> scribed into
> the ether:
>
>>"Order" is not necessarily good or honorable.
>>"Chaos" is not necessarily evil or dishonorable.
>>They are both extremes, sure, and depending on other factors, can mean
>>many
>>things.
>
> If you doubt this, play Ultima 7, Part 2.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:19:28 GMT, "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> scribed into
the ether:

>Ah, heh. Did you ever play Ultima Online

Yes.

> and get a Chaos or Order Shield?

No, must have been added after I stopped.