HD 6520G poor windows experience score

gorgerax

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Hi all,

I have a new Samsung 305 laptop with the AMD quad core A5 CPU with the HD 6520g graphics. When I first got it, the overall Windows Experience score was (either 5.8 or 5.9 with the graphics score being the lowest. Unfortunately, I was one of those whose hard drive died in the first 3 weeks. Samsung replaced it, however, now my score is 4.4 with "desktop performance for Windows Aero" being the lowest. 3d graphics are a respectable 6.5, CPU=6.6, Ram=7.3 and HDD=5.9. (The HDD number is going to go up this weekend when I install a new SSD!)

Any ideas what's holding this graphics number back?? Device Manager says I have the latest drivers but should I install Catalyst? Could there be something else slowing me down? Is it just Aero? Maybe I should disable Aero?

Recommendations? Thanks!

Solution
Those options shouldn't affect the score...
Maybe you had something running when the performance was measured that time so you got a lower score.

gorgerax

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006

I disabled most of the Performance Options; Visual Effects and the desktop score jumped to 5.9.

I apologize for not trying this before I posted. Thanks!

gorgerax

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006

Oh, dang! You are right. I re-enabled everything and the score remained at 5.9. Thanks@