Sign in with
Your question

Will I see better Performance with the following Upgrade...

Last response: in CPUs
December 4, 2012 1:01:25 PM

Hello,

Hopefully for Christmas I'm going to be getting some upgrades as it stands This is my PC specs,
AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition OC@ 4.2GHz
Asus Crosshair V Formula
Asus GTX 680
RipJaws- 16GB Ram
Corsair H100 Cooler
Corsair HX850W Power supply
Corsair 600T mid Case White Edition
Windows 8 64bit

The two components I want to upgrade is the Motherboard and the CPU I will be changing the CPU to a
'i7 3770K' I will be overclocking this, Plus changing the motherboard to a 'Asus SABERTOOTH Z77'

I only really go on my PC to play Games so im upgrading these components for a better gaming experience Thats what im hoping anyway.

The question is, is it worth it? Will I see massive FPS boosts?

Plus if you have any suggestions on different motherboards feel free to list them. Thank you.

More about : performance upgrade

a b à CPUs
December 4, 2012 1:22:57 PM

I find it hard to believe you're having problems with what you have. Why not wait ? next year faster stuff will be out and maybe by then there will be that 1 game that your machine can't handle.....
December 4, 2012 1:36:28 PM

Well it will be my first INTEL CPU, Plus the games I play they dont really run smoothly like for an example the new 'Need for speed most wanted' Im running that on ultra settings front view I get like 25fps then In some parts it runs at 60fps for a while then it will go back to like 25 The games never stay at 50+ its soo frustrating so Im hoping getting a Intel cpu will sort the issue out. Plus for Gaming Intel is the best choice But I really want to here peoples thought on it. Plus im soo unlucky what I get it either doesnt work 100% or it runs really crap lol I just dont have anyluck
Related resources
December 4, 2012 3:39:58 PM

intels do generaly game better in cpu bound games meaning you should investigate if the games you are playing tax your cpu beyond it's limits, otherwise it's your GPU bottlenecking you
a b à CPUs
December 4, 2012 4:27:41 PM

Curtis2400 said:
Hello,

Hopefully for Christmas I'm going to be getting some upgrades as it stands This is my PC specs,
AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition OC@ 4.2GHz
Asus Crosshair V Formula
Asus GTX 680
RipJaws- 16GB Ram
Corsair H100 Cooler
Corsair HX850W Power supply
Corsair 600T mid Case White Edition
Windows 8 64bit

The two components I want to upgrade is the Motherboard and the CPU I will be changing the CPU to a
'i7 3770K' I will be overclocking this, Plus changing the motherboard to a 'Asus SABERTOOTH Z77'

I only really go on my PC to play Games so im upgrading these components for a better gaming experience Thats what im hoping anyway.

The question is, is it worth it? Will I see massive FPS boosts?

Plus if you have any suggestions on different motherboards feel free to list them. Thank you.

For gaming go with the 3570k, the 3770k gives you nothing better for gaming except a $100 loss.

The sabretooth is overpriced.

Go with a z77 in the $100 - $150 range, like the asrock z77 extreme 4, or the gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, or the ASUS P8Z77-V LK.

With the money saved get a 256 gb SSD, from corsair, samsung, etc
!