Ok, my new build seems to be having problems on a number of levels.
1. Frequent bsod shortly after startup.
2. On restart after bsod system does not recognize boot device. Have to fully power down then restart. Works afterwards.
3. Memory went bad - replaced.
4. After windows update system won't recognize os. Get blinking cursor. Does not start at all.
5. Windows install disk will reinstall but won't repair. Says disk is incompatible with version of windows installed.
After 2 system reinstalls it is time to throw money at this and start RMAing this stuff. What should I return? MOBO? Processor? What should I replace?
I really need advice on this- frustrated with nowhere to go. Please help.
Running: Windows 7
Mobo: Sabertooth x79
MEMORY: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600mhz, 9-9-9-24 1.5v (Initially 4 modules for a totle of 32 GB system memory)
Graphics: XFX Double D FX-797A-TDBC Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz
Hard Drive (with OS): Plextor M3 Series PX-512M3 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
if you are experiencing Bsods, your RAM or BIOS settings are likeli culprits. Do not do windows based things like update until you have stabilized the system. Download UBCD and first do RAM test (memtest), adjust settings in bios until you can do 10 passes without errors. Then, try reinstalling windows.