Your question
Closed

Help with new build

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 23, 2012 1:48:33 PM

Hey, I am just going to get right into it. So I put together my new pc build a few days ago, booted it up for the first time and everything went perfectly. Had some minor issues with the graphics card but got it running as well. However, I had some continuous reboots happen. Installed windows (not genuine). After that I started getting blue screens with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error. Until one time finally it blue screened and would not boot. It gives me ASROCK error code 55 RAM not installed. There didn't seem to be any issues with the RAM though and it just happened very randomly. It boots up shows me the error code for about 4-5 seconds then shuts down then does this indefinitely. I managed to get it to boot up to the BIOS with the HDD, disk drive and GPU disconnected strangely enough. I even managed once to get it to boot windows up without the GPU attached. I am trying to diagnose the problem but it is never consistent. I am at my wits end for testing out problems, I am tempted to just take it to a repair shop to see if they can figure it out as I am no technological genius. If you guys have any tips or ideas as to what it could be they would be greatly appreciated.

My build is:
MB: ASROCK|Z68 EXTREME3 GEN3 1155 P2.20
GPU: EVGA GTX 550 Ti
CPU: INTEL CORE I5 3550 3.3G IVY BRIDGE
COOLER: Coolermaster Hyper 212
RAM: 2x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
HD: 1 TB SEAGATE
PSU: Seasonic 620w M12II 620 BRONZE
DISK DRIVE: ASUS DVD BRN

More about : build

July 23, 2012 3:52:22 PM

Did you flash the bios on your z68 for the ivybridge?

Pull out one stick of ram, and put the other in slot one. Boot up, and see what happens. If it fails, move to ram slot 2, fails again, move to 3, fails again? Move to 4.

Pull that stick of ram, and do the same with the other. If it doesn't fail after you've moved ram slots, then your MB needs to be rma'd.

If it continues to fail with only one stick, and not the other, it's a bad stick of memory.

Do all of this without the GPU installed.

Memtest is terrific for this, btw. Download it (free) and boot from it. Do it with only one stick of ram installed, then switch and try again.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
July 23, 2012 3:55:04 PM

Installed windows (not genuine) > No help will be provided in this forum with non genuine windows software.Buy a copy and come back.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
July 23, 2012 3:55:40 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!