Plzz help having problems with crossfire on two hd 7770's

jimmybo

Honorable
May 30, 2012
HI i have been trying like crazy to get my cards to run in crossfireX i have just bought a new system that is as follows

ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ DDR3 ATX AMD 990FX 4PCI-E16 1PCI CrossFireX 6 SATA 6GB/S Motherboard

2 xfx hd radeons 7770 1gb w/ 4.95ghz of ddr5 memory

amd bulldozer 8 core

1000w cosair PSU

16gb of gskill ddr3 @ 2140mhz or something like that but tuned down to 1600mhz

I have tried changing the slots of the cards but the mobo manual says to use slot 1 and 3 to achieve 16x native to both cards and in my bios it show that both cards are running at that speed and i have the bridge on the card seated firmly, but in CCC or Vision control center it shows enable crossfirex grayed out and give the following error The AMD CrossFireX internal bridge interconnects linking your graphics cards together are not properly attached. Both bridge interconnects must be attached. For more information, see the user's guide for your graphics card

PLZZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaron_s

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Have you tried booting and using the computer with just one card connected.....
If it works then you can update the drivers to the latest and enable options for CrossfireX

fantastik250

Distinguished
Have to make sure your bridge is connected properly and try the older bridge. You can also download GPU-Z from techpowerup to see if Crossfire is enabled. It will say crossfire enabled near the bottom, if not, it is not working.

GPU-Z download:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/

jimmybo

Honorable
May 30, 2012
i know its not working because in Vision control center it wont let me enable the crossfire because it is grayed out and says The AMD CrossFireX internal bridge interconnects linking your graphics cards together are not properly attached. Both bridge interconnects must be attached. For more information, see the user's guide for your graphics card

jimmybo

Honorable
May 30, 2012
the only way to get full 16x and 16x native speeds on both cards is to use slot 1 and 3 plus if i didnt there would be no breathing room for air if they were in slots 1 and 2 . plus motherboard manual says i should be using 1 and 3 neways.... uuuhhgg i hate crossfire lol should have went with SLI ....:p

did you try going into the device manager and uninstalling both cards and reboot ? Let windows find the cards. Then you can try installing the drivers along with the CCC........... or you can jump over to Windows Update and see if it picks something up. Matter of fact I would try update now.

jimmybo

Honorable
May 30, 2012
nope i havent tried that but i will tonight and ill get bck to u guys in the morning . getting late here. and been at this for bout 18 hrs now constantly . thanks for everything and i will be back tomorrow n hopefully resolved . if i tested both the cards and they worked by themselves but wont run in crossfire in the right slots on the motherboard , should i return the cards or the motherboard ? assuming i cant fix it by tomorrow night.

you're using only one xfire cable right > and it fits snug so you need to apply pressure to make it fit....... mine were tough for some reason. first time ever I actually think I heard them "snap' into place.

testing each card in both slots............ not just 2 cards in one slot.

see how things go before thinking of rma-ing.

probably a software issue. you'll have to keep working at it.